Finally, were ganing traction with apps.

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Are you saying that my photo of a pastrami sandwich with the Walden filter applied to it isn't special? How dare you, sir... how dare you.
Well said sir... well said...

Speaking of apps, most won't come to us until the marketshare has increased. As of now its had a 50% + increase, a jump from 1.2% to 2% and although its not much its something. I know for sure that waze isn't going to be creating an app until the marketshare is higher.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying that my photo of a pastrami sandwich with the Walden filter applied to it isn't special? How dare you, sir... how dare you.

Hilarious ! More than a few people have realized that ig is already downturning in popularity. Let's hope really good camera apps (not social media crap) will result.

Seriously though, stuff like photosynth could be a real pull for this platform. Silverlight is an annoyance that can be overcome, ps is awesome.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Let's hope really good camera apps (not social media crap) will result.

Again, missing the forest for the trees. It's the social media "crap" which brings people to Instagram. Photo filtering apps are a dime a dozen, it's the community which makes Instagram.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Funny he didn't mention the part about subscribers climbing back up to 15.88 million, or that the numbers were counted inaccurately. Huh.

The way I read the article, it was at 17 million.. dropped to 5 million in December.. back up to 15 million and now has dropped to 7 million. No idea if it is correct or not, it's 3rd party reporting. Seems like their reporting method might be off.. No way a social network moves up and down like that so rapidly. No way.

tonyk79

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Instagram is a big miss for some but to be honest im sort of glad its not on wp8 as im sick of seeing poorly edited photos using the depth of field plugin. Perhaps MS should look to adobe or Flickr to create an instagram alternative style app. Massive communities on Flickr to be tapped into.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Instagram is a big miss for some but to be honest im sort of glad its not on wp8 as im sick of seeing poorly edited photos using the depth of field plugin. Perhaps MS should look to adobe or Flickr to create an instagram alternative style app. Massive communities on Flickr to be tapped into.

Yeah, god, I hate pictures of girls' cleavage showing up on my phone all the time. SMDH.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Just was writing a review about the speed test app. Its a great quality app for the wp8, the interface and the live tile and the performance. If ms kept pushing such apps this will great push to the quality of the market. There is no use of having 120,000 apps if most of them are useless.

Great app, love it so much.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Someone mentioned it as a joke, but I wonder how much of the Instagram 'community' really just uses it as a means to check out self-mirror pics of teenage girls.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Again, missing the forest for the trees. It's the social media "crap" which brings people to Instagram. Photo filtering apps are a dime a dozen, it's the community which makes Instagram.

I know, I know (sigh) folks won't buy anything without a stupid facebook logo on it, unfortunately. Guess its a neccesary evil.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Still, we are not gaining with apps

Everyone gets hung up on not having Instagram, but that is just one app of a very large problem.

Most developers didn't get their hands on the SDK until launch time (which was a mistake), but we should be seeing popular apps moving to WP8 by now. All of the new apps being announced, none of them are announced for WP8.

I would believe that we are gaining traction if new major app announcements include WP8, but that's not happening. When WatchESPN, HBOGo, Showtime App, etc... comes to WP8, then we will be "gaining traction". Some crappy speed test or priceline port is not gaining traction.

Take a look at the wpcentral app reviews, very few of those are major apps and at least one of the few major apps on that list still lacks important features of its iOS and Android version (Evernote).

In other app news, yesterday Pulse announces a major update that got a lot of press... for Android and iOS. This is the story over and over again, major apps just aren't coming to WP8.

(not to mention its January and we still don't have a PDF viewer worth anything and no PDF editors or markup apps)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro