Am I wierd for wanting a WP8 4 inch phone.

ipvrf

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys think that the device makers will ever make a high end model with a smaller form factor or are we well past that point now?

They all seem to be getting into this large screen race, just like the cameras all raising the MB pixels rate.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
No. In fact, many people like smaller screen sizes, like myself. I'm just waiting on a cheap, prepaid WP8 phone to switch (Looking at you, Huawei W1!).

flierman

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I got the HTC 8S cause the screen-size is perfect, I dont like bigger than 4 so you are not alone :) But then I had to stay without some high-end features...I also wish the 8X was in 4

haydt1

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree with all this. I bought the 820 since it's the smallest at the moment but it's still too big. I'd really like a 4". I've actually gone back to my BB 9800 for now and haven't carried the 820 in over a week. May just give it to one of my kids.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I want a 4" high end phone, and I know a lot of other people do, too, but it seems the manufacturers don't want to give us that option.

tomxteam

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I went to a concert the other night and two of the guys at the table had them big ridiculous Galaxy Note's or whatever they are. I didn't get it. Such a clumsy device, plus the Zillow app kept failing to render the map over and over while my friend was trying to show me some house he was looking at. I totally pulled a smoked by windows phone on him. :devil:

IMO, but there's a sweet spot for phones, it should be just wide enough to fit between your thumb and knuckles with a grip in one hand, or top of both palms in speed texting mode (dual thumbs). That's why I didn't like the 8X, it was too skinny, kept feeling like I was gonna drop it, or it was gonna shoot out of my hand.

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I would gladly settle for something similar to Lumia 920 (with same camera and display pixel density) but with a 4" or so display... Not sure where all this nonsense with huge displays came from but I definitely dislike it :-/

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Everybody will want something different. I have big hands. I can type away without issues and navigate with one hand on my 920. A 4.5"-5" is perfect for me. But my phone looks ridiculously big and cumbersome in my wife's hands. Her ideal is 3.5" iPhone. Works great for her. I don't mind the larger size as it is comfortable to work with and works for me. Now I have looked at the "Note I and II and even considered them for a split second. They are ridiculously large and I wouldn't be caught dead with one of things up to my ear. Samsung Galaxy SIII and Ativ S are as big as a phone should ever get.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism