My Battery Tile and Accuweather Tile do not update automatically

Mark Rozanski

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 with the updates. I have noticed that the Live Tiles for My Battery and Accuweather do not update automatically. I was having the dreaded battery issues for a while. Used WPBench, took battery to zero and then 8 hour charge using wireless recharger. Now I can make it through the day with medium/moderate use ( I don't game on it), using mostly emails, whatsapp, Rowi, Facebook, Linked in and some internet. I usually have anywhere from 60% to 80% battery left by 11:00 PM, having unplugged the phone around 6:30 AM when I leave for work. But back to original post. Are the Live Tiles really LIVE? My battery will occasionally change by itself, while weather needs to be opened to report correctly. My phone never stays untouched for more than one hour. Any Apps people can recommend would be great or settings I might look at. I am not adverse to paying for an App or two if there are strong recommendations out there. Thanks in advance!

Marzouq Zyoud

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Most of live tiles do not update regularly due to Windows Phone 8 limitations, imagine that I installed a clock app that is updated every 30 mins so you can see the accurate time twice per hour. WP8 should be updated soon to overcome these issues or users will go back to Android!

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
This is meant to preserve battery and cpu and allow for smoth ui interaction. And it's a smart call from microsoft. This allows a dual-core with 512 or 1gb memory to do better than android phones with much befier specs. iPhone does the same. But it's not for the CPU it's because of battery usage. And you can update tiles with data if you use push notifications to cover the scenarios that need active data transfer. So I won't consider this a baseless limitation that must be addresed by updates in os. I consider this as a feature just as it should be considered

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
To be fair a battery tile should update in real time for it to be of any real use. So for that matter this 30 minute limitation should be addressed and the end user should be the one who decides how often the tiles are updated

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
This means you should let all apps run in background. This means you get a laptop not a smartphone. So this is out of the question and pointless. Battery can be gauge in the top bar and if you need percentage click launch the battery tile. I agree that it's best to have the percentage shown there and if enough pettition this on microsoft connect then it will be in the next update. But allowing the user to decide what should update in real time is very bad ideea not only for average user but for a power user too. It's a phone so it must last the day not throw the battery life away with less than critical information.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
The battery widget that I use on my Galaxy S 3 does not adversely affect the battery life of the phone and updates the percentage in real time. So why would a battery tile updating itself in real time adversely affect battery life on my Lumia 920? Also, why is it a bad idea to give the end user more control over the sync period of individual tiles? It's allowed for email sync so why not other tiles?
Incidentally, I will typically go two days between charges on my S3 and around two and a half to three days on my 920 so you can see that battery life isn't an issue for someone who knows how to manage his phone correctly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb