Do you sync your phone with your desktop?

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
A simple enough question.

The reason I ask is because I'm wondering how other people use their phones. Personally, I have my phone set to upload full-size images when WiFi is available, I manually upload screenshots, and all of that syncs down to the desktop via SkyDrive. Music was a one-time sync with my desktop, then I've essentially being using either the XBOX Music Cloud or download music on occasion from the Store. I don't typically record video, so that isn't an issue, but I upload that to SkyDrive as well.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes for music and podcasts, although Windows Phone 8 doesn't actually sync nearly as much as I would like.

Everything else is sync to the cloud, because there's good solutions there. Unfortunately, there's not any good solutions at the moment for music and podcasts.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Mostly, sync to the cloud, but I buy a lot of music from various different places. I also believe in saving data redundantly so if one service goes down, or I lose Internet connection, I still have my data.

Torch4x4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Rarely, but Music and playlist only with Windows Media Player (yes, the old way), I don't like the sync app for windows 8; and for pictures, other media content and everything else I'm using Skydrive

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I consider everything on my phone temporary and disposable. Everything on it is stored in some cloud service or on my computer/NAS, and all photos taken with the phone are set to auto-upload to SkyDrive (full-size). If I ever lost or broke my phone, I'd feel totally fine about remote wiping it. Once Spotify is available for WP8, I'm not even going to bother keeping downloaded music on it.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Music, Pictures, Onenote, Office Docs and just about everything that can sync does. I think that was the whole point of getting this phone, not just because I loved the OS. I do not however do what one poster says and keep nothing on my phone. That assumes that you will always be where you can get to those cloud based items. I also have no desire to stream my music as this is totally unecessary and consumes data to say nothing of batter drain. I simply like to be able to have access to everything from my computer once I get home. This way, its there waiting for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans