So what happened to these top 46/50 apps promised?

chetan_merchant

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I like my Lumia 920 and WP platform...but can't help being impatient
MS has failed so far to deliver but hope they r trying hard...they have missed to strike initially but really hope they make a comeback
People like the eye-catching design of both the hardware and the UI but nothing beyond that...even a 2 year old iPhone or Android device kills WP8 by the sheer plethora of apps they have
I do understand that its gonna be slow for apps to be developed...then why the f**k didn't MS release SDK earlier for app developers to start working..
Why come up with app developer challanges now why not earlier??
Questions will be asked and the best way to answer them is by releasing some ******* apps in MWC...in MWC 2013 not 2014...just wanted to clarify for folks at MS if they have other ideas..

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft lied. Once again giving promises that they can't keep.

All Gameloft games are coming for Holidays 2012, according to Terry Myerson, the corporate vice president of the Windows Phone Division, who for some reason is not yet fired for ****ty execution over and over again.

Meet Windows Phone 8

We were also supposed to have not only Gameloft games but also games from other studios for the same launch window, did not happen.

Welcome to Windows Phone!

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft isn't anyone's girlfriend that it has to keep promises.
It's worse, Microsoft takes our money so they better deliver these promises. They said Skype will be integrated deeply in our phones. They did that initially and then took it away. Who's to say that doesn't call for a law suit? You advertise a feature, and then remove it 1 month after release?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It's worse, Microsoft takes our money so they better deliver these promises. They said Skype will be integrated deeply in our phones. They did that initially and then took it away. Who's to say that doesn't call for a law suit? You advertise a feature, and then remove it 1 month after release?

The reason there isn't any lawsuit against any of these companies probably means there isn't enough ground for one. They might be fined by advertising standards for fake advertising, but that's about it. Most of the times they do these things knowing they are untouchables. Plus, they don't say anything in writing anywhere. A keynote speech is always easy to defend saying, "I might have said/mis-read the slides in heat of the launch". If you find anything in writing where Microsoft or any other company promised something in writing and they did not deliver, you are sue them.

But again remember, at the end of the day, by using any software, you are agreeing to licensing terms and most of them make you agree to the fact that you accept to agree the product as is and the company has no liability of any loss of features or your data when you use it.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It is always easy to be blindly supportive and loyal of something you support and not see the major faults. Microsoft will need to deliver on their promises. It really does make me think that once either my upgrade and or contract is up I could look at another OS. I don't speak for all but for many, if this isn't addressed then I know many will leave..
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It is always easy to be blindly supportive and loyal of something you support and not see the major faults. Microsoft will need to deliver on their promises. It really does make me think that once either my upgrade and or contract is up I could look at another OS. I don't speak for all but for many, if this isn't addressed then I know many will leave..

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Many will leave, plenty will join. This is the story and each corporate giant is prepared for it. That's forecasted risk they calculated already ;)

chetan_merchant

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes people leave and join but if Microsoft continues this way...am pretty sure many will leave and only few will join

I am not a pessimist or anti-MS...just disappointed by the overall direction and development of Windows Phone platform...its slow and lacks the efforts to overcome its competitors

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I've had a couple of Windows phones and am getting pretty impatient with MS and the apps. It really stinks when I have people on Android FB messaging me or responding to my FB posts and I have to manually check FB or look on my computer. WP is on some great devices and they have gotten a lot of publicity and users, but they better get some apps and fixes out quick. Their advertising money would be better spend paying the big developers to do some apps for MS and WP.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
The reason there isn't any lawsuit against any of these companies probably means there isn't enough ground for one. They might be fined by advertising standards for fake advertising, but that's about it. Most of the times they do these things knowing they are untouchables. Plus, they don't say anything in writing anywhere. A keynote speech is always easy to defend saying, "I might have said/mis-read the slides in heat of the launch". If you find anything in writing where Microsoft or any other company promised something in writing and they did not deliver, you are sue them.

But again remember, at the end of the day, by using any software, you are agreeing to licensing terms and most of them make you agree to the fact that you accept to agree the product as is and the company has no liability of any loss of features or your data when you use it.
It is in writing right here. You tell me, can I make a Skype call through a contact card?
6cEKsdv.jpg

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It is in writing right here. You tell me, can I make a Skype call through a contact card?
View attachment 29417

....and now you have something to go by for your law suit.

But I bet there is some sort of disclaimer for what is written on a webpage that protects them from facing a law suit!

It's the exact same thing I've been going back and forth with their support regarding Xbox Music and Zune Music Pass. They won't give me any details where I can escalate this. They ended conversation by giving me a USA address where I can only write, no phone, no emails in this day and age. Also, they are only governed by US laws, so I can't do anything to them anyway.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The disclaimer is there for all platforms/sites.

Here's the one from Microsoft.
features.png

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/
Here's the one from Apple.
iOS_features.png

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ple.com%2Fiphone%2Ffeatures%2F&token=Q6K5GHoj

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes but Skype integration isn't available in any Windows Phone, in any region at the moment. Now if they say it's available in their labs somewhere in beta testing then I don't know about that :winktongue:

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I like my Lumia 920 and WP platform...but can't help being impatient
MS has failed so far to deliver but hope they r trying hard...they have missed to strike initially but really hope they make a comeback
People like the eye-catching design of both the hardware and the UI but nothing beyond that...even a 2 year old iPhone or Android device kills WP8 by the sheer plethora of apps they have
I do understand that its gonna be slow for apps to be developed...then why the f**k didn't MS release SDK earlier for app developers to start working..
Why come up with app developer challanges now why not earlier??
Questions will be asked and the best way to answer them is by releasing some ******* apps in MWC...in MWC 2013 not 2014...just wanted to clarify for folks at MS if they have other ideas..

It seems they were far behind in WP8 then their original schedule...although it looks the same on the front, the kernel changed...they basically started from scratch again

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes people leave and join but if Microsoft continues this way...am pretty sure many will leave and only few will join

I am not a pessimist or anti-MS...just disappointed by the overall direction and development of Windows Phone platform...its slow and lacks the efforts to overcome its competitors

Until MS gain at least 15% of the marketshare globally, things will not change on the app side...companies will develop for others first and then maybe port over later...it's just the way it is.
Most of the new killer apps are started by start-ups with 1 or 2 people...they don't have the money to be developing for every OS

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It could be worse... they could have told you you're getting them and then put them in as ported android apps running in a dodgy android emulator based on android 2.3 from 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs