Music deleted, but titles remain

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I put music on my phone the old fashion way, I drag it on. I wanted to do a clean install so I hooked my phone to my computer, used explorer to go to my music files and I deleted them all. Went back to my phone and the title to the songs are still listed on the phone. Of course, if I click the titles I get an error code do to the song being deleted. I rebooted the phone but the titles remain. Any clues on getting them off the phone?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Try going into the albums section of your music library and long pressing on the album. A delete option should come up. You can also find individual songs to delete (this is on the phone) by long pressing on the individual song.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. There is no option (that I can find) that allows you to delete a whole album, but, I can delete individual song titles. Its going to take me a awhile, but it works. Thanks again.

Ludwig1976

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Just go into Album and Artist hidden folders (both in Music folder) and delete all files. Be sure music+video app is not open when doing that. Once done, disconnect phone and start music+video app, to complete reindexing.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Glad your issue is sorted. I know on WP7 you can delete albums at a time. Does that mean they removed that functionality in WP8? I'll have to look into it when I get my Nokia Lumia 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss