Help! "Other" ate up most my free space.

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Other just hit 6 gig on my phone. My space is almost full, only 4 gigs remaining. I know this is the app catche, but is there any way to clear it on my dev unlocked phone?

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Delete your recent history in IE. That got me an extra 3/4 of a GB. Other than that, I don't think there's a real way to clear that out, yet.

SaucePolicy

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to say but the only real way to free up a significant amount of Other space is to hard reset the phone. My Other was 3.48GB then I reset and after setting it all up the exact same way my other was 2.14GB. So there was 1.34GB of wasted storage. Not important "app data" or anything my phone needed. Legit wasted storage. Clearing IE history might get you 500MB. If you downloaded maps, delete those. This issue with Other eating up free space is a huge problem and I wish Microsoft would address it. Or if someone came out with a file cleanup app, that would be amazing.

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think that the solution for clearing this would come in handy to many users, because this "other" data is pretty annoying..

Skeeder

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Just checked mine right after a IE clear. 6.46GB. Not sure what it is either. I assumed apps/maps (maps are like...2.5?GB) but still...

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft really needs to fix this mess... On my 920, I had 6GB consumed while only have 1GB in App Data and 1.5GB of Music. No device should use 6GB in "Cache".. This is clearly going to be a major problem for people who have 8GB of storage on their devices.. iOS, Android, BB, MeeGo etc are all able to handle cache without it consuming a majority of the devices memory.. This is clearly poor coding that Microsoft needs to sort out asap.

austinlewis

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Its totally ridiculous. I have a Lumia 920 and "other" is at 7.12 gb. (and I just cleared out my IE cache). Really hope they work out a fix for this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb