Outlook.com sync with WP8

hitchhiker90

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm a new user to WP8 but had a question about the outlook.com sync with the phone. Are the two supposed to match up? I get new email alerts on my phone and can read the emails but when I log into outlook.com and delete emails and then sync up the phone the deleted emails are still on it. Am I supposed to delete the emails from both outlook.com and off my phone or should it sync up so that when I delete from outlook.com it will delete from the phone on next sync?

heijenoort

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
This is a strange behavior: if I delete an email from outlook.com it will be deleted on my wp also (and viceversa)... How have you configured your outlook account on your phone?

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. In fact, I had the issue when my old Gmail account was synced to my WP7 (and the first few weeks owning a WP8).

hitchhiker90

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
This is a strange behavior: if I delete an email from outlook.com it will be deleted on my wp also (and viceversa)... How have you configured your outlook account on your phone?

Standard configuration I guess. When I got the phone I just put in my outlook.com email address and that was it. I haven't gone into any settings or anything. Is there a setting I could change?

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Not to alter the topic much, but I've had my Outlook.com account pull in all of my text messages before. If I refresh they disappear. This happened twice where the 2nd time I was able to screenshot it. I'm sure this isn't supposed to happen; quite a bug.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm a new user to WP8 but had a question about the outlook.com sync with the phone. Are the two supposed to match up? I get new email alerts on my phone and can read the emails but when I log into outlook.com and delete emails and then sync up the phone the deleted emails are still on it. Am I supposed to delete the emails from both outlook.com and off my phone or should it sync up so that when I delete from outlook.com it will delete from the phone on next sync?

You don't need to do both. You can delete from either phone or outlook.com and they will sync. But your phone will be based on your sync frequency setting. If your phone is set to sync every 1 hour, then obviously you have to wait an hour for things to "catch up." You can set your phone to "as items arrive" in which case it should update within a few seconds (note that this drains your battery a bit faster).

F2a

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me as well on my Lumia 920 with outlook.com email. I delete the emails on the web and they stay in my inbox on my phone no matter how many times I sync. Anyone figure it out?

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Its by design. Deleted emails don't sync until the next time you receive a new email. It is intended to save battery. If it bothers you, then hit the SYNC button after deleting items on your phone.

It's not much trouble once you understand how it works. I just wish they explained it better. It's confusing.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It takes time to synchronize throughout the MS backend. Your details are not all stored on a single server that you are accessing. There will be multiple redundant mirrors across the globe, and you will access whichever is closest to you. But you may not be accessing the same datacenter with your phone as your PC. This would be a rarity, because of the network topology. Once the update (on either your phone or the PC) is made, it can take up to 15 minutes to span the globe and update every datacenter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99