My Start Screen needs pizazz.

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I recommend das image. They have a cool life tile that changes every half hour with images from flicker and 500px. I also recommend custom tile maker to make your own live tiles. I use it to make "organizational tiles" for different groups of apps .

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
No offense, but any of relevance that you recommend, like, information, game, sports, music apps? Thanks, I'll check those out!

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
USA today, weather flow, CNN, windows phone insider, nextgen reader, metrotube, group on. There's more, just look for live tile next to apps descriptions in the store.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
USA today, weather flow, CNN, windows phone insider, nextgen reader, metrotube, group on. There's more, just look for live tile next to apps descriptions in the store.

Most of the ones that have Live Tiles don't really have Live Tiles. That is why I don't really rely on that.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried grouping similar tiles by function, category, etc.

Sorry I didn't post any picks but Tile Label is a very simple way to group or labels apps.

It provides space between the label and surrounding apps so things are not cluttered.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Also TileHeader2 for group-labeling the startscreen with things like Apps, Media, Social etc.

Personally i decorate my startscreen with pictures as well, like my screens in the homescreen/lockscreen thread.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
weather flow
Seriously agree with you on that. Weather Flow has a great looking live tile and is the first app I ever purchased... right alongside the WPCentral app. I do think the WPC app tile looks great, and it becomes a customizable live tile once you pay (Redeem some Bing Rewards for free app store credit if you like to keep things free).

There are some great custom live tile apps out there that will flip with your own info and pictures on there, too. I recommend trying those after you've filled your start screen with "relevant" informational apps :)

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys! I'm kinda afraid to get rid of my HTC Live Tile if I get Weather Flow. Guess I'll give it a try. Tile Header would make my phone look a lot like my Surface, which I like. Thanks guys! Keep me updated on any new Live Tiles you come across. I shall do the same!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett