Facebook features missing

Nimal Kunnath Aven

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed a couple of facebook features missing in my Lumia 920. I can't search for anyone or anything! There's no search bar on top. Does anyone know about it?
Also I can't see my interest lists, ie, the pages to which I have subscribed. I can see all groups and all pages that I have 'liked' but not the ones I have subscribed to. Anyone got a solution?

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
If you want to search for someone or any pages, go to Friends and at the bottom of the screen, there's a magnifier button which leads you to a search bar. That's how you search in the app. Frankly, it's inconvenient since it's hidden that far away..

I'm not sure about the subscribed pages though.. I think someone else might know where it is located at.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I definitely agree there needs to be an improvement.. But other than that, the app itself is actually excellent enough if not because of the hidden search bar. I wouldn't mind much about the subscribed pages.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I just wish it wouldn't refresh when I'm halfway down my new posts and take me back to the top. Also I will be reading someone's post and it will just disappear. Only way to get it back is close and open app. And that's no guarantee it will let me get done reading post before doing it again.

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Is there any Facebook app which works properly with notifications and the livetile? The official one is pretty terrible coming from iOS after 2 years...

OneMoreBeerPLZ

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I just wish it wouldn't refresh when I'm halfway down my new posts and take me back to the top.

I really hate this, when reading someones post and then go back to the main view you get back to the top. Also most of the uploaded photo's I can't watch in fullscreen.
It's really annoying, my Android Facebook app was much better. Why doesn't facebook makes one for windows mobile?

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Great. This is the answer I expected though. The biggest social network in the world has broken OS chat functionality and no app which properly works with notifications and live tiles - something is wrong there! Makes it difficult to recommend to friends, and is quite irritating when the main thing I use facebook for now is the messaging but with no proper notifications and an incredibly inconsistent native chat support it's not the most user friendly experience.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I just wish it wouldn't refresh when I'm halfway down my new posts and take me back to the top. Also I will be reading someone's post and it will just disappear. Only way to get it back is close and open app. And that's no guarantee it will let me get done reading post before doing it again.

I really hate this, when reading someones post and then go back to the main view you get back to the top. Also most of the uploaded photo's I can't watch in fullscreen.
It's really annoying, my Android Facebook app was much better. Why doesn't facebook makes one for windows mobile?

Guys, you may want to go to the Facebook setting. I the reason why it keeps on updating or refreshing is that your 'Shake to refresh' is enabled.. Try that and see if it makes any difference. I tried myself, scrolling down but even if it refreshes, it doesn't take me back to the top. But when I accidentally shake my phone, it refreshes and takes me back to the top. Hope this helps!

OneMoreBeerPLZ

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Guys, you may want to go to the Facebook setting. I the reason why it keeps on updating or refreshing is that your 'Shake to refresh' is enabled.. Try that and see if it makes any difference. I tried myself, scrolling down but even if it refreshes, it doesn't take me back to the top. But when I accidentally shake my phone, it refreshes and takes me back to the top. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the reply. I searched for your solution in my facebook app but I couldn't find the setting. When downloading the facebook app from Microsoft I finally noticed it.
I was talking about the Facebook Pro app which keeps taking me back to the top, the microsoft app is working better for me. Thank you.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

I have the shake to refresh disabled. What mine does is when I'm reading a long post, the post disappears completely. It looks like a refresh, but I scroll around to find my place again and the story I was reading is not there anymore. I have to exit app and open again and story is back. Mine also goes back to top. I don't know if its the update timer timing out or what. This was with MS app. I just installed Pro and so far seems to be better, but it still isn't that good. I at least get notifications now.

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I was talking about the Facebook Pro app which keeps taking me back to the top, the microsoft app is working better for me. Thank you.

Aaah.. I see. I thought you were talking about the MS Facebook app.

I have the shake to refresh disabled. What mine does is when I'm reading a long post, the post disappears completely. It looks like a refresh, but I scroll around to find my place again and the story I was reading is not there anymore. I have to exit app and open again and story is back. Mine also goes back to top. I don't know if its the update timer timing out or what. This was with MS app. I just installed Pro and so far seems to be better, but it still isn't that good. I at least get notifications now.

I've disabled mine and so far it's doing owkey. No random refresh to the top so far.. Hopefully there's an update to solve this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3