Is there any alternative or workaround to the worthless pdf viewer?

taymar

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
At least on my phone (lumia 920) the PDF app rendering is terrible, and more than a couple of times now I've been completely unable to read the information I needed from a PDF while I'm out and using the phone.

I haven't found any alternative apps in the app store, so I was wondering if either I'm missing something, or if anyone has a workaround (no matter how clunky) which would enable me to view a PDF from a website on the device? I'm talking PDFs that are linked to from websites - product specification sheets, restaurant menus and so on.

This app seems to render the pdf's elements in the wrong places, often placing images right over text, text over text, and so on.

darkfire2024

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If you change your region to UK, you can download Nokia Reading from the market place. You'd have to put the pdfs on skydrive to view them though, as I can't seem to find out how to open pdfs locally using Nokia Reading

bitwise

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Why not use Adobe Reader?

And normally, when I get pdf link and I click on it, it goes to a download screen. So I just download the pdf file and open it thru Adobe Reader.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa