01-13-2017 12:54 AM
118 12345
tools
    I can't even find the Messaging History folder. I've never seen it on my Outlook interface...
    06-26-2013 04:20 PM
    yeah man i tried it and it doesnt work. **** i was hoping that it would. This sucks that the 810 doesnt have an app capable of this. Totally sucks
    07-17-2013 02:03 AM
    Sorry but it doesn't work.
    when using this url : https://blu106.mail.live.com/default...5&fid=b#page=3
    I get the error "Sorry, there seems to be a problem with Outlook right now"

any suggestions???
    08-05-2013 09:52 AM
    None of the above worked for me but I just kept clicking around and trying different things and finally got them to appear.

Try clicking on this link and then go to view by -->conversation

https://blu154.mail.live.com/mail/In...alse&fav=false

This showed all of my text messages
    08-28-2013 01:09 AM
    That last link worked a treat, but I also had good success by changing the URL in the format as previously detailed:

https://dub111.mail.live.com/default...1111111&=&fid=&qvid=3

The &qvid=3 seems key, I've tried =3 and =5, but to see ANYTHING the view needs to be set by conversation.
    I was then able to tick the check boxes and move my SMS messages to a new folder I created called SMS.

The feature appears to be there - I really have no idea why MS, can't turn it on for everyone - it's a GREAT feature - easily on a par with the Android back up to Gmail.
    Yet again, the ball has been dropped. Enable the feature MS, let people KNOW about it, and let them USE it = happy WP customers, and dare I suggest, customers that would BUY WP just for this feature - because it works that easily if the LINK is there in Outlook.com.
    Selfie13 likes this.
    08-30-2013 03:21 AM
    I tried everything and still get nothing. Tried with 3 different browsers too. Strange.

EDIT:
    This is what worked for me:

Click Messaging History.
    Press F6 (or click in the address bar)
    Press END
    Press BACKSPACE one time
    Press ENTER

I can see my sms in the mix of all my messages.
    Last edited by mrZoSo; 09-01-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    09-01-2013 08:13 AM
    I don't have any message history folder.
    I just have inbox, draft, sent, junk and deleted.
    I have been trying all the links but nothing is working. Need to back up all my SMS for a legal purpose and nothing seems to work.
    09-03-2013 02:17 PM

Click Messaging History.
    Press END
    Press BACKSPACE one time
    Press ENTER

This worked for me, going to see if I can somehow search it...thanks.
    09-10-2013 01:37 PM

Click Messaging History.
    Press END
    Press BACKSPACE one time
    Press ENTER

This worked for me, going to see if I can somehow search it...thanks.
    Unfortunately I am not clever enough to figure out how to search these results. I tried various url changes to no avail.
    Peter Feldbacher likes this.
    09-10-2013 03:15 PM
    I don't have a messaging history folder in the windows account when i log in from my pc or phone
    09-11-2013 01:39 PM
    It used to be there but is hidden by default, but can be unhidden (though can't remember how to do it)
    09-12-2013 07:06 AM
    I can access message history but can't send sms through web browser.
    10-09-2013 08:20 AM
    It works! Thank you!

I think this is a hidden feature because is still a work in progress, probably it will be available soon
    Thanks alot for your support, but i noticed that for 2nd time you try to access that link; the below Page Changing bar will be disappeared, n for viewing it again u have to logout and then re-login
    10-16-2013 06:48 PM
    I can access message history but can't send sms through web browser.
    That's right. I really do miss the feature of being able to send and receive SMS from the PC/Nokia suite. It was extremely useful and convenient to be able to do this when your phone is plugged in to your PC for whatever reason at the time

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    10-16-2013 07:33 PM
    U may access first time via posted link, but for easy viewing u may select all Messages and mark them with any Category, this will be helpful in viewing easily also useful for Mobile device.
    10-16-2013 07:55 PM
    How about for deleted sms, is it possible to see it in the outlook? pls help, thanx!
    12-03-2013 03:37 PM
    I believe this method no longer works? Tried everything but to no avail.

Also, have a look at this. This was posted by Outlook.com team on 6 August 2013:

space
    Dear Outlook.com customer,
    We're contacting you because we are making a change to the messaging history feature in Outlook.com.

Whenever you chat using Outlook.com whether it's through Facebook, Google Talk, or Messenger, a copy of your chat is saved in the Messaging history folder. As part of adding Skype to Outlook.com, the Messaging history folder will be removed sometime this fall.

If you don't use Outlook.com to chat, or don't want to keep a copy of your conversations, there's nothing you need to do.

If you want to keep a record of your chats, you'll need to move them to another folder. To move your message history:

In Outlook.com, right-click Folders, and then click Add a new folder.
    Enter a name for the folder and press the Enter key.
    Click Messaging history, and then click the check box at the very top of your message list.
    Click Select everything.
    Right-click any message and then click Move.
    Select the folder you want to move your messages to, and then click Move.
    After the Messaging history folder is removed, a history of your Skype, Google Talk, and Facebook chat sessions can be found in the Messaging pane.

We remain focused on making Outlook.com the best email service available. Thanks for your understanding and patience as we update our services.

space
    Sincerely,
    The Outlook.com Team
    space
    12-19-2013 02:31 AM
    There's a simpler method:-

Log into outlook.com and then right-click on one of the categories under "Quick views" on the left hand side bar.

When the pop-up menu appears, select "Manage Categories"

On the screen that comes up, tick "Quick View" and "Filter" for the Contacts category.

You'll see "Contacts" appear as a new Quick View.

Hit it, and you should see your SMS messages pop up in there.

Needless to say, you need to have text message backup enabled on your phone for this to work.

Note: This method doesn't seem to work for everyone.
    Joshua Jackson likes this.
    12-19-2013 02:49 AM

Log into outlook.com and then right-click on one of the categories under "Quick views" on the left hand side bar.

On the screen that comes up, tick "Quick View" and "Filter" for the Contacts category.

Needless to say, you need to have text message backup enabled on your phone for this to work.
    That's it! It worked now. Thanks!
    Pete likes this.
    12-19-2013 02:52 AM
    How about for deleted sms, is it possible to see it in the outlook? pls help, thanx!
    No, deleted SMS messages are gone (they're deleted from outlook.com soon after you delete them on the phone. The backup feature is a synchronisation, like email.
    Ana Silva2 likes this.
    12-19-2013 03:01 AM
    yes you are right....
    12-19-2013 03:07 AM

Note: This method doesn't seem to work for everyone.
    Didn't work for me. Once I go to the Contacts category I only see associated email. No SMS.
    12-19-2013 03:27 AM
    Didn't work for me. Once I go to the Contacts category I only see associated email. No SMS.
    Do you have text message backup enabled on your phone? Out of interest, what country are you in? Maybe it only works for certain markets so far.
    12-19-2013 03:30 AM
    Do you have text message backup enabled on your phone? Out of interest, what country are you in? Maybe it only works for certain markets so far.
    Yes, I have SMS backup enabled. I am in the US.
    12-19-2013 03:46 AM
    I too have tried this up to the hilt.
    It may be country dependant. Not working on my UK account.
    12-19-2013 03:47 AM
118 12345