Nokia drive beta finally available on other windows phones!

King Benneth

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly, the app advertises itself with images of the UK however, I can't download it and it says it's not available in my region.

EDIT: Scrap that! I've just got it to install! :-D

apjs87

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Another win for windows phone! is it a bad idea to take the exclusivity from Nokia though??
Sent from my RM-825_eu_euro1_217 using Board Express

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Wooo! Downloading now, and gonna test it later! Stuck in the office right now, but will be driving soon enough. I live in Seattle WA so will be able to give it a good run!

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Wooooooooooo! One of my two gripes with wp8 gone! Now if they could just improve playlists on the music side.

Thanks Nokia and MS! Superb news

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Since I have an HTC and haven't been able to try Nokia Drive myself, does this replace the Bing map links with Nokia Map links - or does Nokia Drive provide the directions via Bing Maps?

I don't want to install this on my HTC if it'll obfuscate my beloved Bing Maps.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
It will not show up in app store. You need the direct hidden link.

Also on the details page of the app in store, scroll down to the link 'More from NAVTEQ EUROPE B.V' and install Nokia Pulse beta too!

pvtpyle75

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Finally a navigation app that will allow me to get directions from Bing Maps. I have Navigon, which I really like, but I always have to copy or re-type the address when I'm looking something up

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Since I have an HTC and haven't been able to try Nokia Drive myself, does this replace the Bing map links with Nokia Map links - or does Nokia Drive provide the directions via Bing Maps?

I don't want to install this on my HTC if it'll obfuscate my beloved Bing Maps.

It doesn't replace or obfuscate anything. It is just an extra app... Bing and Nokia maps are two entirely separate apps.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
super, now all phones can suffer poor battery life.

Nokia should have got this out of beta before inflicting it on everyone.

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
By downloading Nokia Drive, you do not replace Bing map links with Nokia map links. Two separate apps. So everything will run as before with the exception that you now have an app that gives you turn by turn voice guided navigation.

Also...

1) You can search for directions via Bing (Nokia) Maps, then in the the direction list screen, launch Nokia Drive from there, via the "Drive" button. This button used to launch GMapsPro for me.
2) Nokia Drive uses the same offline maps already installed on your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb