WP8 has 1hr time shift

Snaques

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a strange issue with my WP8 calendar on my Lumia 820.

I have synced my calendar with my Gmail and for some reason it lags 1hr behind. Now normally I would look into date&time settings (and I have), but in this case when I open the event I can actually see the correct start time, but on the calendar view it is still 1hr behind.

When I add a new event manually the start time is in line with the calendar view. I don't want to change the start time on my Gmail since it is synced also to other places.

Is this a known issue or maybe due to Gmail?

Snaques

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, I guess I found the root cause, but still looking for a solution.

So I noticed that when I look at all events of this recurring calendar item, the start time is 1hr off the mark. However, the unique event for one day actually has the correct time. When I checked the occurance of the same event in summer time it was also ok, so it is clear that this has to be caused by the daylight saving time.

Now the solution is still not clear to me. How do I make the WP calendar adapt to the DST settings of Gmail canlendar?

Snaques

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
SOLVED

The timezone on my Gmail was wrong and that caused the change in WP8 calendar. For one reason or another it was ok on Android...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos