Picture quality in Picture Hub

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
It's just my doubt: Is it true that WP8 compresses image quality in Picture Hub even after zooming up for better performance?

I've been thinking about this long ago but didn't find any source to confirm it. I used the same high resolution picture (over 4000px per side) on Nokia N900, HTC mytouch 4G and Lumia 920. They're all okay at default view. But right after I zoomed in, all these 2 devices: N900 and 4G retain the very details in picture while the Lumia 920 has blurry and pixelate quality (I ensure that the picture in all of these devices are the same size).

So, is it true that WP8, defaultly, downscales images in picture hub to gain performance? Is there any way to disable this since I rather sacrifice performance to retain best quality of my images (both by camera or syncing/downloading from PC/internet). I don't know how other people feel but this "feature"'s really frustrated to me because I cannot judge how's my picture from phone's camera (blur on phone but sharper on PC)

EDIT: the quality of images gradually become better after 1-2 seconds but still far from original images

Thanks guys :)

vmblumia

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I used to have the same problem. What I did was disable live/Hotmail/Microsoft account then delete my Google account (if you have one). After that, enable Microsoft account and Google account. My profile tile is now as sharp as the original picture.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99