skype everywhere

fernandogonzalez

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know how to prevent skype messages from coming in through the Skype app AND the messaging hub? Everytime someone skypes me, it's like the fourth of july at my desk.

On my desktop computer, I get a notification from my skype for desktop, another one from my windows 8 messaging hub, and a third one from the skype metro app.
Then my wp8 starts buzzing, the message comes in through the Messages app, and also through the skype app.

To top it all off, after I read the message in one of those 5 places, the "new message" icon does not go away in any of the other places!

So, i've solved this issue on my desktop (I removed skype from the messaging hub and uninstalled the metro skype, so i only get it once on my skype for desktop), but I'm still getting it twice on my phone (once on skype and once on the messages app)

Little help?

:)

Thanks!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think you'll find this is the point of having Skype everywhere... ;)

Perhaps there needs to be a bluetooth proximity module that senses all devices are in the same room and so only sounds one. Something to patent. Except this is now prior art.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
You can turn the notifications off.in the Skype app options under preferences in windows 8
but the issue is getting the notifications on the device you are currently using, not ALL of them that are linked to the account....not jut turning them off on some devices.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
same issues with other IM's I have on desk/phone, both go off (yahoo, gtalk, jabber, etc) I don't use Skype right now so I'm now sure how it would know which device you are infront of.. if both are background and you get a message, the point is for it to tell you...

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
same issues with other IM's I have on desk/phone, both go off (yahoo, gtalk, jabber, etc) I don't use Skype right now so I'm now sure how it would know which device you are infront of.. if both are background and you get a message, the point is for it to tell you...

Guys! come on..the solution to this is to disable your account on the device you least use! I mean i have Nokia L920, Windows 8 PC and iPhone 4.. if i set Skype on all 3 plus an extra account on the desktop skype ill go nuts! therefore disable skype on Merto and other devices u dont need.

About IM, same thing disable ur accounts and keep only in one device and make ur life much easier

fernandogonzalez

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I need Skype on my phone as I use it for calling internationally. My problem is that I get notifications on both the Skype app and the messaging app, and also reading it in one place does not mark it as read on the others

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Guys! come on..the solution to this is to disable your account on the device you least use! I mean i have Nokia L920, Windows 8 PC and iPhone 4.. if i set Skype on all 3 plus an extra account on the desktop skype ill go nuts! therefore disable skype on Merto and other devices u dont need.

About IM, same thing disable ur accounts and keep only in one device and make ur life much easier

Well Skype for desktop knows if your idle on your PC or not. At that point it should forward to your mobile. That way you can stay signed into both. Problem solved, except for you Metro users, no idea about that version.

spacejovi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I need Skype on my phone as I use it for calling internationally. My problem is that I get notifications on both the Skype app and the messaging app, and also reading it in one place does not mark it as read on the others
how did you configure your phone to have notifications on both skype app and messaging app? I only receive new messages on skype app. i use lumia 820 by the way.

fernandogonzalez

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
how did you configure your phone to have notifications on both skype app and messaging app? I only receive new messages on skype app. i use lumia 820 by the way.

I didnt meant to! I just installed Skype, and the messages just started showing up in my messaging app aswell. I rather they didnt actually, becuase if someone skypes me and goes offline, when i go to reply (via messaging app) i have to switch from "messenger" to "text". I've looked in skype settings and messaging settings to see if I can break the link, but havent figured it out yet :S

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yup. this is very annoying. The same happens to me with facebook messages as well.

God damnit Microsoft. Fix it. Once I noticed on facebook "Notifications are disabled as your are using Facebook Chat on another device"... Or something like that...

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I didnt meant to! I just installed Skype, and the messages just started showing up in my messaging app aswell. I rather they didnt actually, becuase if someone skypes me and goes offline, when i go to reply (via messaging app) i have to switch from "messenger" to "text". I've looked in skype settings and messaging settings to see if I can break the link, but havent figured it out yet :S

looks like you linked your Facebook account with your Skype account. So whenever your Facebook friends talk to you, it goes to your Skype app and messaging app if you turned your status to available.

fernandogonzalez

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
looks like you linked your Facebook account with your Skype account. So whenever your Facebook friends talk to you, it goes to your Skype app and messaging app if you turned your status to available.
Nope, my facebook chats dont go to my skype account. You may be onto something though, i have my Skype connected to my MS Live account. Maybe that's how it happened...

markeboyle

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I've got the same issue here. In the MSN Messenger day once it sensed you were replying on desktop it would stop buzzing on the phone, Now it buzzes everywhere and like you on the Phone for both Skype and Live account message notification. I don't see an option in Skype to play nice. I'm sure we're not alone here and hoping GDR2 addresses this. lol....

Wait Who Am I

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site

I don't have a windows phone, I have an android. But I do use skype and I have the same problem. The thing is, google talk knows where I am active. That is, if I'm typing replies on my computer, it stops showing notifications on the phone, and if I open the phone app and start replying there, then it starts notifying my phone (and stops notifying the computer)...So it is possible, its just a matter of implementation I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte