XBOX Music Pass

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
So I guess I'm really dumb, but I am coming from Spotify on my Android, and I cannot figure out for the life of me how to build a playlist with XBOX Music. Also, every song I try to play, it just plays a clip of the song.

How do I listen to the whole song? With Music Pass, it said I could "download" songs and listen to them, but the only option I see is to Buy music. Where is the music I can just stream?

Please don't blast me. I know this should be really simple, but the different UI paradigm has really got me confused on this one.

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
um its not simple they really kinda broke this. To do it straight from the phone is really not that easy, you need to search for the song in the store and then click on the song, you will see a download button use that to move it to your phone. also depending on the song some tunes just don't give the rights to listen to the whole tune with out buying it. I have noticed that a view times. To build a play list the easiest way possible from your computer use windows media player that seems to be the fastest way.

I hope that helps. The smart dj button does do a good job at playing stuff similar to what you select, I highly recommend using that over creating a play list.

lee.eubanks

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
So if I use Windows Media Player, I just have to sync it to my WP after I've built the playlist? I couldn't even get the Smart DJ to work. Ugh.

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So if I use Windows Media Player, I just have to sync it to my WP after I've built the playlist? I couldn't even get the Smart DJ to work. Ugh.

I haven't tried this yet but this link seems to provide an easier way to make playlists than with WMP. I ended up screwing up my library royally when I started messing with WMP because it started double sinking things. Wouldn't recommend that route.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/206708-wp8-creating-playlist-easy-way.html

The syncing is definitely a mess with Xbox Music but it gets a ltitle bit easier once you start to understand how it was designed to work, as faulty as it is. I suggest syncing only once for all your archive of music using the syncing app. From their, just use your music pass. Search for an album or artist and, provided you have your account signed in, it should pop up with a download link. Sometimes, the download link doesn't let you download a whole album but only individual songs. This is broken. You can hit the "bullet list" button at the bottom to start the selection tool, select each song, hit the "..." and then hit download to get around this. Microsoft's intention appears to be that the vast majority of your music should be Xbox Music Cloud collection (downloaded or streaming). There wasn't much thought put into the syncing process for all your old stuff.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It sounds like your subscription to Xbox music pass isn't being recognized. You need to have a subscription in order to use smartDJ and stream songs. Try disabling and reenabling the connect with Xbox music option then perform a soft reset by holding the power and Vol - key for 15 to 20 seconds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs