Mac Mail Issues

scubus

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if this is the rioght forum or if the Nokia 920 forum would be better for this. Seems like it may be an OS issue so here goes...

I am having some connection issues with my 2 mac.com mail accounts. The accounts do not check every 15 minutes like they should, and I am getting an awful lot of connection errors.

The phone shows an error message and states that the account xxx@mac.com was last checked x hours ago. When I then manually refresh, sometimes I get the same message, sometimes it is a certificate error and other times it checks just fine and I get 30 email messages downloaded to my phone. How do correct this issue?

Thanks!

scubus

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I forgot to mention that i have 2 mac.com addresses and sometimes the error is with both accounts, and other times it is one or the other. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this, but I need my mail to be checked regularly. Thanks.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
MobileMe, iCloud and Mac mail do not work well with windows phone as it is only pop3 access. I would suggest setting up your Mac mail from within outlook.com. There is a setting where you can make any email from any device come from your alternate email address

scubus

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
MobileMe, iCloud and Mac mail do not work well with windows phone as it is only pop3 access. I would suggest setting up your Mac mail from within outlook.com. There is a setting where you can make any email from any device come from your alternate email address

Thanks... I'll check it out.

jmarnell

May 27, 2012
Visit site
You've got to be kidding me. This is why I get so frustrated with Windows Phone 8. I can access any email account via my Samsung G3. Could do so with my Blackberry 9900 as well. Windows phones, totally BS. I have been faithfully using my Lumia 920 for three months and can tell you one thing for sure... nice layout, minor league functionality. No wonder Windows Phone has never broken out of the 5% market share. And now, with Blackberry OS 10 and their new hardware, I can definitely see myself going back to BB for all my private and business email, messaging and social networking, and then using my Samsung S3 for all other apps, news, gaming, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs