Lumia 920 and Contacts Back Up to MS account

gjrc

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
hi all,

first post here and just a week into switching from BB 9900 to Lumia 920 and loving it.

i have read that all my contacts will be backed up automatically OTA to my MS account. however when i log into my MS account it shows that i have 0 contacts backed up there. i dont us my MS account for anything other than syncing with my lumia and xbox stuff. why cant i see any contacts there? am i being stupid here??

thx a lot in advance

German1513

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forum.
1- Are you sure all your contacts on your phone are being saved into your MS account? I meant aren't you using google services when you save a contact?
2- If you are sure all your contacts are being save in MS account in your phone then go ahead and check in the people hub accessing www.outlook.com with your ms account then go to the people hub and all your contacts should be there.

gjrc

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
hi, thx for response.

my contacts do currently sync with outlook. but i want them also to sync to my ms account on outlook.com

if i go into my MS account there is only an option to sync email. in my company outlook account i have the option to sync all (email, contacts, tasks etc etc)

German1513

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
ok, when you say your company outlook you mean the email of your company, right?
Even that the microsoft account appears only the option for email your contacts are also in sync.

"my contacts do currently sync with outlook." (by this you meant your company email address, right?)

This is what I think is happening.
You have the contacts of your company in your phone and you want them to be replicated to you MS account. right? I guess currently in your MS account you only have your MSN contacts, right?

You have 2 options
1- Move the contacts of your email company to your MS account, you will need outlook email client in your desktop and outlook connector.
2- You might want to continue managing your contacts from your email address of your company.
3- You can copy the contacts also with outlook connector but I do not see the point of having them twice.
Please drop me an email if you need help but in order to move faster contacts from one account to another you need outlook connector addin in your desktop outlook email client.

gjrc

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
thx.

it sounds like i need the outlook connector. i will have a look online.

i just didnt understand why i cant sync from my phone to 2 places? i only want the sync to MS to be one way. from phone to MS account. say i leave my company i want to keep all my contacts stored remotely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss