App Availability and Tracking App Availability

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I think that the biggest problem that Windows Phone faces is app availability. I know that when Microsoft launched Windows Phone 8, they talked about the availability of a Pandora app. I also think they announced a number of other apps. It is great that they announced it, but it is no good until an actual app is ready and able to be used by the general population.

I would love to see a list of the top 50 apps that are not available on Windows Phone and what the status of their availability is. Is Microsoft working with the developer? When is the expected date to be released?

It seems like for a while, there were ton's of Apps being developed, but now you really don't hear much. I am still waiting for:

SiriusXM App
CBSSportsline Fantasy Games App
Pandora App
I would love a Zune app for my Windows Phone 8.
Snapchat

If Microsoft would not publish it, it seems like it would be great for WPCentral to have a section called "App Availability" with that info on it.

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Another "We need XYZ apps" thread...yippee.

Excellent reading comprehension skills. I am not asking for another thread for what apps we need. I am asking for regular updated information on the status of the top apps. To me there should be a site that somewhere that lists the top 50 apps and their expected availability.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Excellent reading comprehension skills. I am not asking for another thread for what apps we need. I am asking for regular updated information on the status of the top apps. To me there should be a site that somewhere that lists the top 50 apps and their expected availability.
Read it just fine, sir. We have 239,540,435,234 threads in this sub-forum and other sub-forums discussing apps and their current state of availability. You could have just participated in any one of those. Plus, with your list of apps you are wanting listed out here, it was sure to turn into another "I want XYZ app" thread, just like they all do...thankfully, no one took your bait.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am asking for regular updated information on the status of the top apps.

But what constitutes a top app? And who should be giving updates? Surely it should be up to developers to tell us their app is coming, and to give us an ETA.

If Microsoft start publishing this info, then they end up being the ones getting abuse when it arrives late, or not at all, when generally its not their fault.

Lets also not forget, once an app is "finished" it has to be tested by Microsoft, which may find more bugs, leading to later deliveries.

In the software world, its very difficult to give an ETA, because you are held to that at gunpoint, and people end up getting buggy software, because you delivered to a date, rather than a quality deadline.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786