It's the little things that stand out.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Something small that I noticed. I had 4 texts waiting for me earlier, and the icon on my start screen for messaging went from ;-) to :-o

jeodude

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
In the music player (now playing mode) you get to view the next 2 songs at the bottom.
activate the shuffle icon on the right and the next 2 songs shuffles, deactive it and the next 2 songs goes back to alphabetical order, activate shuffle again and the next 2 songs randomizes again while the current songs is still playing.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Old timers of WP know this. In Games Hub, you can make your avatar fall down by shaking your phone hard. Poking him used to incite reaction (he would get angry after a while and just walk out on me) but it doesn't seem to work anymore. But he might have learned a new trick or two - I saw him do a backflip today.

I found if you leave it for a while your avatar tries to sneak off your screen - if you scroll sideways towards your friends icons as it tries to get off the screen it stops sneaking and makes a break for it. If you then go back to the avatar screen he wont be there then after a few seconds pops his head in from the side.

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
hmmm most of you guys mentioned the big ones, heres one that I just discovered:

-On Xbox music and video app if you scroll to history it shows all the most recent youtube/podcast/homevideos that you've done! just discovered this and makes thing so much easier!
-Love the toast notification, no more cluttered notification bar about facebook events i never go to!
-I love how the photo album have your favorite pictures in the background, gives it a unique look every time you go to it!

Oh probably the best and most useful feature has been the "ring, lock, erase" from windowsphone.com
Something I always wanted when i was on Android, Makes me feel so much more secure about my information!

I can honestly go on and on..

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Just discovered one beauty! Clicking on a toast notification from the lockscreen loads the app associated with it underneath the lock, so when your phone is unlocked you're already there. Fantastic

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Apps that you already have installed on your phone and you search them in the marketplace. It will say "In Collection". When you clicked on it, it will go to the location where the app is located in your phone.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
-On Xbox music and video app if you scroll to history it shows all the most recent youtube/podcast/homevideos that you've done! just discovered this and makes thing so much easier!

Yep, love this!

-Love the toast notification, no more cluttered notification bar about facebook events i never go to!

Nope, they just fill your Calendar instead. :wink:

-I love how the photo album have your favorite pictures in the background, gives it a unique look every time you go to it!

Not yet explored this but it sounds cool!

Oh probably the best and most useful feature has been the "ring, lock, erase" from windowsphone.com
Something I always wanted when i was on Android, Makes me feel so much more secure about my information!

Great for when I misplace my phone in the house. Click ring, usually find the phone within 5 seconds. Godsend!

I can honestly go on and on..

Think it might be time to give someone else a chance :winktongue:

Apps that you already have installed on your phone and you search them in the marketplace. It will say "In Collection". When you clicked on it, it will go to the location where the app is located in your phone.

HOLY! I just tried that. Clicking on the image in Store did nothing, but when I clicked on the name (I used "Next Bus UK" as an example), it went to the Start Screen, and scrolled down to that app. Cheers mate! Didn't know that one!

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
All these splendid things that I never knew about!! This is a great discussion, love it.

Unlike Android and iOS where clicking an icon just darkens it until it is released, with WP8, when I click on the Messaging tile, for example, the tile goes inward, then pulses out. After that, all the other tiles on the screen go away in a "swoosh" sort of transition until the one you clicked on is the only one on the screen. Then the app interface comes in from the side. That transition is simply beautiful.

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Having just upgraded from Windows Mobile 6.1 to Windows Phone 8, you can imagine my "OMG" moments at the whole new level of awesomeness my Lumia 620 has provided me with. I don't have something unique to say for now but I'll gladly BUMP this thread, we certainly need to keep this going.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Having just upgraded from Windows Mobile 6.1 to Windows Phone 8, you can imagine my "OMG" moments at the whole new level of awesomeness my Lumia 620 has provided me with. I don't have something unique to say for now but I'll gladly BUMP this thread, we certainly need to keep this going.

Agreed, I also came from Windows Mobile, but from 6.5.3. I can say that WP is much more awesome! WM used to be so dull, even the system sounds.

One thing I still do use from Windows Mobile onto Windows Phone is the old WinMo classic ringtone. It's so awesome. Ding, ding di ding ding ding! :wink:

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The thing that I like is how everything is symmetrical and well thought out. It's just consistent and perfect in that sense. An app for everything I need, and if the apps are made metro style, they look BEAUTIFUL! Ones that I love are Baconit, Metrotube and Audiocloud. What also gets me is how if I listen to an audiocloud song, I can exit the app, browse, come back and it'll still be playing everything continuously as if I have the song in my library. Lovely

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion