So, I am Back :D

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
So, For a while i was considering a Z10 from BlackBerry, however since the announcements today I decided to stick to my original choice for a new smartphone, powered by Windows Phone 8. The Nokia Lumia 920 has an ecosystem I was to enrich myself in and the Z10 doesn't really. Not hardware wise anyway. It's too little, to late and to expensive. The 920 has more features and its cheaper. And since the whole Gmail thing is fixed .. Which was my whole reason for wanting a BlackBerry.

Anyway, glad to be back and next week I'm buying a yellow Lumia!

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
First off ... Thanks! It's always good to be back home ^_^
So are you a WP7 owner or are you trying WP for the first time? Are yellow 920s easier to get now, btw?
My smartphone journey started on a BB Curve. Then went to a WP7 HTC Arrive. Loved it. Tried Android, hated it. And now I'm coming back home.Well, i have not actually went to go look for my phone yet. But I hope it's easy to find. Or a Cyan color if not yellow.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
First off ... Thanks! It's always good to be back home ^_^My smartphone journey started on a BB Curve. Then went to a WP7 HTC Arrive. Loved it. Tried Android, hated it. And now I'm coming back home.Well, i have not actually went to go look for my phone yet. But I hope it's easy to find. Or a Cyan color if not yellow.
Welcome back and good luck. Cyan and Yellow are pretty much the hardest colors to get for the 920.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I ordered a cyan as soon as you could preorder online. Was fortunate to receive in in 2 days and it's been great. So far though, I've only seen black 920's out in the wild here. I did see a yellow on display at the Microsoft Store.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I ordered a cyan as soon as you could preorder online. Was fortunate to receive in in 2 days and it's been great. So far though, I've only seen black 920's out in the wild here. I did see a yellow on display at the Microsoft Store.
I hope i can find my colors!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Good luck to you on your search. Looking at at&t's site. The cyan is sold out, but you can order the yellow. Everything was sold out at the Microsoft Store. One thing you might consider, if you are going to get a case. The nokia cc 1043 fits like a glove and comes in the same colors as the phone. You could always get a black one and with the cover, look like the color you want.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
You chose.... wisely. Blackberry's probably gonna be sued into oblivion by Apple anyway, for copying the almighty flat-sided rounded-rectangle. The Z10 looks boring. "Peek" isn't enough to pull it back from the brink of death.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
First off ... Thanks! It's always good to be back home ^_^My smartphone journey started on a BB Curve. Then went to a WP7 HTC Arrive. Loved it. Tried Android, hated it. And now I'm coming back home.Well, i have not actually went to go look for my phone yet. But I hope it's easy to find. Or a Cyan color if not yellow.

Haha awesome! I had the BB Curve as well and right now I am using the HTC 7 Pro (since summer 2011), so our journey is/was quite the same until now :) I think I will stay with my 7 Pro as long as I can... Really want a QWERTY WP8 device though...

That being said: welcome back ;) After finding this one: By The River | Flickr - Photo Sharing! I am pretty sure you will like the 920 :)

Last edited:

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Haha awesome! I had the BB Curve as well and right now I am using the HTC 7 Pro (since summer 2011), so our journey is/was quite the same until now :) I think I will stay with my 7 Pro as long as I can... Really want a QWERTY WP8 device though... That being said: welcome back ;) After finding this one: By The River | Flickr - Photo Sharing! I am pretty sure you will like the 920 :)
:D I am sure I'll love it.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Good luck to you on your search. Looking at at&t's site. The cyan is sold out, but you can order the yellow. Everything was sold out at the Microsoft Store. One thing you might consider, if you are going to get a case. The nokia cc 1043 fits like a glove and comes in the same colors as the phone. You could always get a black one and with the cover, look like the color you want.
Best Buy has cyan. And I don't do cases. But I'll be getting a screen protector.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans