Bluetooth, Dictation, and XBox Music

ommoran

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm one of the ones moving from 8% (or whatever) of smartphones that are still Blackberry to the 3% that are Windows Phone - and it sort of feels like progress. I mostly like the phone but need some help. I've been testing out a Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone for the past two weeks, and have been quite happy with it. However, there is one severely annoying problem. I drive a lot, and have used the text-to-speech over my bluetooth headset to read the messages to me, along with being able to dictate replies. Somewhat randomly, and I can't pin down when it happens or why it starts all of a sudden, xbox music will take it upon itself to restart and play the last song from where paused after the dictation/text-to-speech is over. To be clear, I only have one long piece of audio on my phone, but it starts up again. I rarely use my phone as my music player - I'm only trying this out for a while, after all - and this is so terribly annoying.

I've found the best workaround is to cycle the power on my bluetooth headset. Has anyone else had similar problems using the text to speech? This seems like a real bug to me, and it drives me nuts. I believe it has even happened after a call, but I'm waiting to repeat that, and to see if the call came after several text messages.

Thanks for the help everyone. And yes, to be clear - I have ensured that XBox music is not an active application at the time the music restarts. It seems to have to do with wanting to stream music over bt, and coming back on once the bt has been freed up from the dictation module. I wonder if the dictation module is actually part of the XBox audio service for some reason?

Any help to correct this, at all, is appreciated. I searched the forums and didn't find a similar thread, so thanks for any help.

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I have this same exact problem, glad to hear that someone else is experiencing this too. This bug has been present since at least Windows Phone 7.5... hopefully they fix it soon.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me in my car's Bluetooth when I dial from the phone. When I hang up, the music will randomly start. However, if I use hands free to dial, no problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb