Now after some time with your WP8 phone, Are you satisfied??

wharfratg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I really like my 920. The thing I "hate" the most is having all three buttons on the same side of the phone. I liked the setup on my Focus better where the on/off button was in the upper left. it's not a big deal but the OP asked us to describe what we don't like about the phone. If that's my biggest complaint, it should be obvious that I think the phone is stellar.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Long time Nokia user, first time windows phone user. Started out pleasantly surprised, still positively content. Enjoying more games I can play with people. Everything I need works (phone calls, emails, calendar, camera, google maps via gmaps)

Expecting more updates to come sooner rather than later like notifications center to collect all toasts, proper Skype app, general app updates especially those where toasts stop working until reinstalled, more support from third party

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm incredibly happy with my Lumia 920. The OS is great, the phone has been stable and battery life generally has been quite good. Two months in and I still take note of how this phone feels in my hands; it feels good.

I'm not so happy with the app store. But even there, my phone is loaded up with some good games, many of which I haven't even touched all that much. I don't need many other apps and have never been much of a fan of replicating functionality already present on the phone. But I can see being frustrated with that aspect as well. It bothers me more from the perspective that I don't feel like Microsoft is currently doing enough to promote the platform.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Wife is happy with the hardware of the phone but the WP8 OS is crap. MS should have taken it's time and did this right as it has to many bugs and missing features.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Ive had 1 restart, thats all the bug I've seen.
No real missing features either. Which features do you miss, and what bugs do you experience?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I am more satisfied with the hardware than the software. WP8 doesnt feel like a substantial advancemant over WP7.5 apart from the browser and in a lot of cases (music/videos, stability) its worse. There is no sign of app linking apart from Nokia's location apps, a half hearted backup solution is offered, and email still lacks features like attaching docs. All we got was kids corner, lockscreen wallpapers and some other B list features. Far from the promise of the adverts showing a WP device interacting with a Kinect Xbox game or the integrated VOIP that was touted back at the dev conference. Hopefully MS starts to focus more and improves the OS quickly rather than at the pedestrian pace they are moving at now.

Panda858

Banned
Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I like WP8 and my handset (Lumia 920) but I also have issues with both that tend to leave me less satisfied than I would have been with a high end android. I'll skip the phone issues since that isn't the current topic of discussion but as far as the OS goes.

1. Apps, there is a really crazy disconnect going on between Microsoft and reality if they don't realize the importance of getting instagram on the OS and improving some of the core apps. They have simply abandoned their momentum by giving consumers such a clear cut reason not to choose WP8 and it's sad because the interface is fast, slick and visually pleasing.

2. The Environment, everything seems so limited in the name of security that it blows out the need for any security at all. What corporation could ever roll out WP8 handsets when you can't email a pdf from them or VPN into your office network. Even for non corporate users the "enhanced security" really confines the ecosystem, simple tasks like scheduled podcast updates become impossible and it really makes you feel like you have to work around your handset instead of your handset working to serve you.

3. Syncing, I use windows 7 at home and I never imagined a device could sync so poorly that I would rather use itunes. Microsoft is the largest software company in the world and they have given us the most basic and ineffective tool I could imagine for sync. Music sync poorly, dupes, some mp3's wont sync with no explanation. Photos sync, then create a folder called sync'd photos which also syncs and leaves you with a true mess. Thank god you can drag and drop, otherwise transferring anything would be totally impossible.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am completely satisfied with my Lumia 920, and I know the features that is missing won't be a big deal.
Having said that, hopefully MS adds more features to WP8

AJS_2010

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Got my 920 from 3 UK yesterday, this will be replacing my Iphone (just got bored with it). Still playing around with it . Looks great!

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
The only thing my phone needs is the compatible apps for wp8 .. The old ones drain battery and unstable.
I hope its only a matter of time and then,developers will take WP seriously and start pushing some quality apps, I'm sure that WP got the potential to compete with the two major OS's in the market.
the hardware is amazing, the only phone which got better build quality is the iPhone I think.

downshire

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
O have a lowly 8s and love it. Yes there are a few small issues but on the whole the os is a breath if fresh air having done all the iPhones, top of the range androids and blackberry 9900 i am stoked and at this point would never go back. I have an iPad for serious web browsing and wanted a phone small enough to still be a phone whilst allowing some web browsing and navigation. The bb was almost there in form factor but the browsing experience whilst better was still not good enough. The keyboard on wp is the main bonus and the live tile concept i find new and exciting. I will be sticking with wp for the next upgrade. 😍
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The only thing my phone needs is the compatible apps for wp8 .. The old ones drain battery and unstable.
I hope its only a matter of time and then,developers will take WP seriously and start pushing some quality apps, I'm sure that WP got the potential to compete with the two major OS's in the market.
the hardware is amazing, the only phone which got better build quality is the iPhone I think.

You dont have a 920 then, i assume.

scubus

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
There is no denying that the iPhone has top build quality (although the 5 is actually a little too light for me) but the Nokia is at least as good as the iPhone in terms of quality.

RedV412

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Very happy with core phone, speed, screen, apps for email, office, voice and signal quality. Browsing...IE10 mobile...meh. It's "OK". Live tiles are cool in that it brings a level of consistency that's better than Android while being more fun and flexible than iOS. I really really like my Nokia 822 and want to keep going. External speakers suck on this thing compared to 8x (beats audio was very nice) or iPhone but I wanted the SD and slightly less so the replaceable battery.

Reasons I will switch back to either iOS or more likely Android if not fixed (timeframe is somewhere between "a few updates" and "my patience wearing out"):
  • duplicates songs and pictures - I now have over 10 copies of every song/picture I take/download or sync from PC using Windows Phone app. they just keep cloning every day or two and I've tried and followed every thread here with suggestions. I was somewhat OK but after one vacation with the phone I'm tired of having to create playlists to avoid having the same song play over and over or showing pictures to people and having to scroll past all the duplicates. I'm OK with waiting for the FEATURES of Xbox music to catch up (to a point) as I really like the service overall but how about something as simple as not cloning links to the songs. I say links because the song/picture doesn't duplicate because if you delete one they all go. No such compromises with the other options. I love the rest of the phone or this would have sent me packing immediately.
  • group texting. if this was the only problem I would not switch but it's so tiring not having a reply-to-all type of functionality that works fine on Android and iPhone. this is a Verizon firmware block special and I'm not ready to dump the network for the feature but I don't have to, all I have to do is dump the OS since even the newer non-WP phones that came out after still have that feature working.
  • lame versions of apps again, I'm expecting future versions to fix this but somewhere between the MS-Google wars and the crappy intro versions of some apps I will eventually lose patience. and I don't even use Facebook or Skype. Those sound like horror stories that would have sent me packing fast plus there's no hope of getting the family to switch without at least a good Facebook app, and the *MUSIC* duplicates??? Wow, forget it. That's more important than voice calls for some of them because between group texting, music, and games, the phone has almost no other purpose (for them at least). Even something as trivial as Words with Friends locked up the phone when I had the audacity to click the back button while it said "updating...". Four letter word for great point value (depending on where played) while communicating a message...CRAP.
  • Microsoft Sync (Ford) - Not a deal breaker again but goes to overall philosophy of a quality product. I don't even own a Ford but rented one on vacation and it had Sync. Well, here's another one where if you can't get THAT right out of the box, keep it turned off until it works. Very hit-or-miss for what I got between music info, sometimes only voice calls worked and not music at all, and then several times the phone just locked up and restarted just because I turned the car off. At least I had someone else in the car who could reset the phone to get the music to work again. I've heard others having issues with simple car-Bluetooth connections but hey, Microsoft-to-Microsoft?? iPhones work fine with MS Sync.
  • Battery life - it's really pretty good, but nowhere near my iPhone 4s or some Android devices out today at similar usage levels. Everyone's mileage varies here but I crank on the settings a lot but I keep WiFi active mostly, Bluetooth alive. It's "good", but needs to get better with updates because there are times I have to think about using it vs when I will next see a charger. Most days are fine but some are a stretch and that was never the case with the iPhone and I used to beat on that thing all the time.

They are listed in decreasing order and the first one is a royal pain but when you add them all up it becomes much more of a balance between what I *LOVE* about the phone and when that love wears off and becomes what I'm used to, and now I want the rest to just work and be available and reliable. Nokia makes it more pleasant but they can't fix what Microsoft broke or other companies won't provide for this platform that they provide for others. Apple, Android, and even Blackberry didn't get to where they are (or were in Blackberry's case) overnight. Hopefully Microsoft will show the right trends early.

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Should I recommend a 8x for my gf ?

I would say so! I know two other of my girlfriends who have WP8 lumia 920's and they both love it!
though warning, if she's an iSheep (or if she's very heavily into latest app like snapchat, razzle, words with friends) I wouldn't recommend it, she might not be able to get used to how 'different' windows is :/
If she's indifferent about these things than I'd deff recommend it!! I've found that most 3rd party app for social media are actually equal (or if not better) than the official apps!

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I would say so! I know two other of my girlfriends who have WP8 lumia 920's and they both love it!
though warning, if she's an iSheep (or if she's very heavily into latest app like snapchat, razzle, words with friends) I wouldn't recommend it, she might not be able to get used to how 'different' windows is :/
If she's indifferent about these things than I'd deff recommend it!! I've found that most 3rd party app for social media are actually equal (or if not better) than the official apps!
Thank god she wasnt an iSheep before ... she own a Blackberry same as me .. and now we both migrating to WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss