Now after some time with your WP8 phone, Are you satisfied??

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I remember seeing pools about which WP8 will you choose or what features would you like to see, so now after having some time with the phone of your choice ... Do you still think you made the right decision?
What's your phone? And what you Hate THE MOST about it? Single feature or thing .

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, absolutely. I've had no real problems worth noting. My Lumia 920 has been stellar in every way.

It's got everything I loved about my 900 and so much more. My favorite phone ever by far.

Raduc78

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Love the OS so far, I do wish it had a better navigation program, so far Nokia drive is doing justice to the "Beta" part on its name, and I don't fell like forking 30 dollars for something that I should get for free. Other than that my 920 has exceeded my expectations.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit disappointed with WP8 to this point. I like the improvements to the hardware and operating system, but random lockups and nitpicking bugs are driving me crazy. Also I find the fb app is worse than on WP7, even though it wasn't that good then. This is on a Lumia 822. However it wouldn't take much to make me content with my purchase.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm satisfied, but I haven't actually used mine for a couple of weeks now. I have a Lumia 820 and it's a GREAT phone. The hardware is awesome, the display is great, and WP8 is super sexy (as far as phone OSs go). But without VPN connectivity, a working PhoneFactor app (which Microsoft owns) and, to a lesser degree, Instagram (and with more users/platforms EyeEm or Fhotoroom could replace Instagram) I can't use it as my daily phone. And I refuse to carry two phones. So I carry my iPhone 4S with me and my 820 sits on the bedside table where I use it like a mini tablet.

If ever those issues are addressed (and it's hasn't taken so long that I've given in to desperation and sold my 820) I'll switch back in a heartbeat.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, I've used WP7 and liked it enough to buy a WP8 phone. But I still think WP8 is just a copy of WP7 with a new home screen (WP7.8? ;-) ) and brings no real usable new features.

Some features even got lost in my area, for example the music search with Bing, which was available under WP7. (SoundHound does a great job though, so I don't care.) And syncing is just crap in comparison to Zune.

So I like it, but I don't really like it more as WP7 (it's faster, but there's new hardware), except of some minor third party app improvements.

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 820 O2 UK. I'm a light user (in fact I could live without a mobile phone if I had to). The hardware is great. Love it. No complaints. It's been faultless to date, including updating to Portico a couple of nights ago. I even think my battery life is getting better over time. The OS? I like the clean, ordered look of it. It seems very fast too. It does me fine but then I don't do social networking, music, syncing or clever stuff like that. It doesn't seem to have a plethora of settings to finely customize it, which is slightly disappointing and even I'm rankled by not being able to have user-defined People field names (home, home 2, how innovative). That said, I accept that I've bought into a young OS that has to mature. I believe it has the potential to. Microsoft and market forces will decide if it will. All in all, I like it. Unless it dies into obscurity I'm sticking with it (but those field names MS, please).

ether813

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Got the Red 8X for Verizon, love the way i can just make my homescreen my homescreen with whatever i want...Not missing very apps, miss a few games, but then got hooked on Wordamont the other day....

What i hate....I hate when the All the Live TILES stop updated for whatever the **** the reason is...the social apps wouldnt bug me but when i show off my phone to other people and Weather bug just shows "weatherbug" and not the weather, and the ESPN App shows the score from the 3rd quarter of the Brooklynn game even though it was last night and already completed...feels a little broken sometimes

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm satisfied, but I haven't actually used mine for a couple of weeks now. I have a Lumia 820 and it's a GREAT phone. The hardware is awesome, the display is great, and WP8 is super sexy (as far as phone OSs go). But without VPN connectivity, a working PhoneFactor app (which Microsoft owns) and, to a lesser degree, Instagram (and with more users/platforms EyeEm or Fhotoroom could replace Instagram) I can't use it as my daily phone. And I refuse to carry two phones. So I carry my iPhone 4S with me and my 820 sits on the bedside table where I use it like a mini tablet.

If ever those issues are addressed (and it's hasn't taken so long that I've given in to desperation and sold my 820) I'll switch back in a heartbeat.

Loving my WP, still thinking the only thing holding it back are the apps.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Got the Red 8X for Verizon, love the way i can just make my homescreen my homescreen with whatever i want...Not missing very apps, miss a few games, but then got hooked on Wordamont the other day....

What i hate....I hate when the All the Live TILES stop updated for whatever the **** the reason is...the social apps wouldnt bug me but when i show off my phone to other people and Weather bug just shows "weatherbug" and not the weather, and the ESPN App shows the score from the 3rd quarter of the Brooklynn game even though it was last night and already completed...feels a little broken sometimes

I think Ms is focusing on the social integration too much that they got such a bad FB and twitter apps.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Just under a month owner of a HTC 8x and happy so far. I came from WebOS and miss the ability to patch and the blinking LED for awaiting messages.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Just under a month owner of a HTC 8x and happy so far. I came from WebOS and miss the ability to patch and the blinking LED for awaiting messages.

I posted about this once ...
The 8X had that red light for charging, I would be great to see it blinking for SMS and emails ... Really not that hard thing to do I think.
I'm a 8x owner and miss that alot ( came from blackberry)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is sending me an 8X to replace my 822, so hopefully I'll have a more positive view of WP8 after I use the new phone a while.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
920 has really put a bad taste in my mouth. I knew WP8 was new, I expected problems and OS has a few. I can live with them but MS better get moving on updates. Separate volume control, a must. Calendar, really MS? I've had better calendar apps on dumb phones. Did you give calendar to the new guy? I know, I know MS had to rush to get it out. File manager is very much worthless. I can live with these issues for a while, but not forever. 4.7gb of other?!?!? And I still have no idea what it is.

I hope Ativ or Surface phone are out by mid year. I like the OS, even with the problems, but 920 has to go. And 64gb is a must.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99