Zune HD feature that SHOULD be in Windows Phone

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
It blows my mind that some things from the Zune HD never made it to the Windows Phone platform. The band photo, album cover, album information and song title scroll while the music plays on the Zune HD. This could be a feature while remaining in the music hub on Windows Phone. What do you think? Check out the video to see what I mean:

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather have this as a lockscreen option. So when under lock+wallpaper, and you turn on show artist background, there should be an option to change either static or animated. This would be a cool feature to have. But on the other hand, you wouldn't want to have your phone screen turned on all the time while playing music. It's not like you're gonna look at it while walking or doing something. Besides, battery matters. But yes, this is cool.

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Whether on the lock screen or in the music hub, it will time out depending on how long you adjust the settings. I like the lock screen idea, but I may not want it to interfere with the live apps.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The good ole "coulda / shoulda / woulda" post. Not saying I don't like the Zune look . Its the same when streaming via the Xbox or PC but I'm sure there is a good reason why they didn't do it that way on WP. My thought is the amount data usage it creates. Its no issue when connected via WiFi but over a 3 or 4G connection you would likely have a number of unhappy users.

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
@gsquared, don't like your tone pal :eck: Fact is, a few things from WP7 didn't make it to WP8; has nothing to do with improving the OS, but were simply over-looked. Same goes for this ability. Also, the Zune HD doesn't need to have Wi-Fi or any other connection to make the scrolling photos and info work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster