Do,you,keep,hitting,comma,instead,of,space?

awesomeplant

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Haha, found this thread because I wasn't having the problem until I installed another language in my keyboard the other day. Really disappointed as I want to write in Spanish sometimes :( But hitting the comma is so annoying. I was already hitting b and v as it was :(

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yep, super annoying. As suggested above, a simple (optional) autocorrect rule would easily fix this. I never need to type letter comma letter, so I'd definitely activate that rule. And I'd also be willing to give up on the 'smiley key'.

nlm

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I never realized adding more than one language moved the comma to the right of the space bar. Why do they do that!?! Just keep the stupid comma to the left of the space bar! After removing the other languages i finally have comma freedom!

asna_n800

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
A quick tip maybe: I've unchecked "Show a comma key when available" in advanced settings under keyboard option. It makes the comma key to shoo away from that 'front' keyboard :grin: That really helped me. I hardly use commas while texting, so when I've to put a comma, I hit &123 and it's great for me!! Otherwise that comma key was a pain even on my 6" screen.

Last edited:

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
A quick tip maybe: I've unchecked "Show a comma key when available" in advanced settings under keyboard option. It makes the comma key to shoo away from that 'front' keyboard :grin: That really helped me. I hardly use commas while texting, so when I've to put a comma, I hit &123 and it's great for me!! Otherwise that comma key was a pain even on my 6" screen.

Good tip, should be the solution for the ,people! Personally I have no problems with it, really like the keyboard and the language switch button.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I do it all the time. But, I suppose that is more to do with my dismal typing skills on touch keyboards than the keyboard on WP which is pretty great btw. Every review I've ever read about WP praises it.

asna_n800

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I do it all the time. But, I suppose that is more to do with my dismal typing skills on touch keyboards than the keyboard on WP which is pretty great btw. Every review I've ever read about WP praises it.

That's true. The keyboard is really great. Whenever I use my sister's Nexus, I find the keyboard on it so clunky and unorganised that I can live with using commas in place of space. ^.^

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I used to keep hitting comma as I said before, but I've since gotten used to the keyboard.

Also, I noticed after hard resetting my 920 (after updating it to 8.1) the comma key was placed on the opposite side of the spacebar, helping greatly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6