HTC makes Android phone heavily "inspired" by Lumia and WP

jwort93

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
HTC only manufactures the device. They did not do any of the software work or hardware design. That was all designed by a Japanese man by the name of Naoto Fukasawa.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Those animations are pretty sweet. I especially like how it looks when you scroll through and the tiles become more like bubbles.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Those animations are puke-inducing. Ugh. Thank God WP doesn't have all that crap. The entire point of the WP UI is clean lines, simplicity, and functionality.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I think a special taste is required to like that... it makes me a little seasick to look at this phone in use, and I never get seasick ;-)

Last edited:

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Those animations are puke-inducing. Ugh. Thank God WP doesn't have all that crap. The entire point of the WP UI is clean lines, simplicity, and functionality.

Heaven forfend the notion that someone might want something different! Or new. Or interesting. And it's Android. If you don't like it, install any one of the dozens of launchers that let you tweak to your heart's content.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Heaven forfend the notion that someone might want something different! Or new. Or interesting. And it's Android. If you don't like it, install any one of the dozens of launchers that let you tweak to your heart's content.

you don't see the irony of this? The whole point the OP makes is that this launcher has taken many of its design cues from windows phone. But it polluted it with such ridiculous animations. Why copy such a clean simple UI only to puke all over it? And that's fine that people want something different, but I am still entitled to my opinion that its awful. Its not like I said it should be banned or anything. I could care less if people love it, let them love it and buy it in droves. Regardless, I still hate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte