Windows T9 keyboard os request

Status
Not open for further replies.

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Would love to see this implemented into the system on Windows phone, this is available on the Windows store but it does not work within the system, only as a standalone messaging app.

wp_ss_20130205_0001.jpg

Last edited:

gazblue01

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree. I do not think i will continue with WP unless i can get a T9 keyboard that is able to intergrate with the messaging. I have tried the stand alone app which is good but too awkward. I will, with regret, leave and go back to android unless Microsoft introduce this in the very near future.:unhappy:

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
What am I missing here? What is the need for an alphanumeric pad? You have all the letters, numbers and punctuation in the standard keyboard, organized like a normal keyboard.

greynightshirt

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
It's been fours years since I switched to QWERTZ/QWERTY, but give me a device with a T9 keyboard and I can still type double as fast. The WP keyboard is the best full touch screen keyboard I ever used but I'd still be very happy if they introduced a T9 one.

nokiageek

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
It's been fours years since I switched to QWERTZ/QWERTY, but give me a device with a T9 keyboard and I can still type double as fast. The WP keyboard is the best full touch screen keyboard I ever used but I'd still be very happy if they introduced a T9 one.

The point is here that go into keyboard settings on your phone and you can download t9 keyboards in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean so why is that when the phone is not a Chinese device. Does not make sense to leave out the English t9 keyboard.

I would like the option at least to be there

Sent from my N101-FreakTab using Tapatalk HD

Dc399uk

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe there is no t9 keyboard option....with any mobile device it tends to be quicker and easier because you don't need to look at the keys when you are typing as there are less of them. I am really annoyed. I've tried the app but it doesn't integrate into anything so you have to type it out first and then paste it into messaging or email or whatever. It can't be that hard to add it in surely?

lord_farquaad

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
this app is great. it's not too bad if you type 1 message and then cut and paste. however, it's very annoying when you're chatting, like on whatsapp, and you have to type continuous amounts of messages. then cutting and pasting becomes annoying. it still beats the **** out of typing on a qwerty keyboard though.

The app is fanatastic, it's windows phone that's stupid for not having t9 as a standard keyboard option. that's the dumbest thing of all.

pengfoong

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Not everyone can use a qwerty keyboard. My dad needs a t9 keyboard because his fingers are big and he needs to find the letters which is greatly slowing him down. With T9, the letters are in order (ABC, DEF, GHI...). This is much easier for people that don't use computer keyboards.

Aggemam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not everyone can use a qwerty keyboard. My dad needs a t9 keyboard because his fingers are big and he needs to find the letters which is greatly slowing him down. With T9, the letters are in order (ABC, DEF, GHI...). This is much easier for people that don't use computer keyboards.

What it comes down to, is preference. I've used computer keyboards for many years and have no problems with qwerty. But imo, t9 is the superior input method for a mobile device. This is probably the feature I miss the most on my otherwise excellent L920.

fredolay69

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I mean.....i guess some people like the t9....quite frankly though, i feel like thats reverting to dinosour tech. I could not sit there and tap each number a certain amount of times to get the letter. But if it's your preference than i guess they should have a t9 integrated with the phone. You won't ever catch me using it.

Aggemam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I mean.....i guess some people like the t9....quite frankly though, i feel like thats reverting to dinosour tech. I could not sit there and tap each number a certain amount of times to get the letter. But if it's your preference than i guess they should have a t9 integrated with the phone. You won't ever catch me using it.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Arsen Avagyan

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

Not exactly. No need to, say, press 2 three times to get the letter c. If I am typing a word I just press the buttons that the letters are on once and the phone automatically guess the word. So if I want to type the word car I press three buttons just like I would on a QWERTY. If there is another word with that same combination of keys I just press next and get the word I want. If used correctly, T9 is by far the best input method. I mean you have to deal with only half the number of keys and they are twice as big. Hope MS gives us this option.

Aggemam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly. No need to, say, press 2 three times to get the letter c. If I am typing a word I just press the buttons that the letters are on once and the phone automatically guess the word. So if I want to type the word car I press three buttons just like I would on a QWERTY. If there is another word with that same combination of keys I just press next and get the word I want. If used correctly, T9 is by far the best input method. I mean you have to deal with only half the number of keys and they are twice as big. Hope MS gives us this option.
EExactly. Calling it "dinosaur tech" is pretty lame. T9 is far more efficient.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree with bringing T9 back. Although I'm perfectly fine with how it is now, t9 is faster and definitely (then) seems alot faster than typing on these or any other phones keyboard.

Also didn't T9 do predictive text?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos