To all WP Bell users

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I went on the Bell website today and notice that they promote Data Sense as an WP app! But the thing is I heard that it is the carrier that needs to approve that.
Here is the link:
https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Operating_systems/Windows_Phone.tab

Now when I called concerning that, I've asked if they knew if and when the Protico/firmware update would come out and they said they had no ideas. Now those updates some people says that it fixes the reboots issues, improve the battery..etc.

She told me that if they get no calls from the clients basically the update should come out in a couple of months if ever it does come out. She said that people need to call Bell to let them know about those updates and bugs so then Bell will try to be proactive and contact HTC and try to send the updates asap.

So no calls from the users/clients, no rush for any updates!

I strongly suggest that all Bell clients that has a Windows phone 8 to take a couple of minutes and give Bell a call to let them know and maybe we would have those updates being push sooner then never... and it could apply for future updates as well!

I also called HTC and they didn't know when it should come out for Bell clients.

Those two companies are not even trying to satisfied the clientele and let's say that our devices are not a year old yet...

Let me know what you guys think and if you did call Bell and/or HTC.

Thanks everyone!!!

UPDATE!!!! :
Yesterday I've sent a tweet to Bell and here is the response they gave me:
Bell conversation.jpg

Last edited:

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Bell are useless generally speaking and with regards to Windows Phone have proven they are not interested in the platform.
I'm only on Bell with my work account/phone...we all have iphones but I bought a windows phone (920) unlocked with my own money just so I could stick with WP as I've loved it since WP7...
Unfortunately Bell will never get with the program and it seems Nokia has had no success in convincing Bell to push WP

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah! You are right on that!!! I will be leaving Bell honestly! I know some people says wait it will come but its not just an update to have new little features, it some updates to optimize the OS and fixes!

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Bell are useless generally speaking and with regards to Windows Phone have proven they are not interested in the platform.
I'm only on Bell with my work account/phone...we all have iphones but I bought a windows phone (920) unlocked with my own money just so I could stick with WP as I've loved it since WP7...
Unfortunately Bell will never get with the program and it seems Nokia has had no success in convincing Bell to push WP

Where did you get your unlock Nokia Lumia 920. I wanted to buy one from somebody but my car broke down at the time and had to invest money in my car :-( Also, is everything working on your Lumia (Internet sharing, mms, etc...)

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I got my unlocked L920 at clove cause rogers took a long time to get colours here. Everything is working even internet sharing and mms cause in Nokia's phone, it automatically adds in the apn for you.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I got my unlocked L920 at clove cause rogers took a long time to get colours here. Everything is working even internet sharing and mms cause in Nokia's phone, it automatically adds in the apn for you.

II'm assuming you're using the access point app to add your apn details? Basically means backup/restore is broken :/

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
II'm assuming you're using the access point app to add your apn details? Basically means backup/restore is broken :/

nope not at all, backup and restore is working perfectly.

The APN app (within settings) adds your apn when it boots up (so I think it does). When I got my phone and turned it on the first time, my 3G data was already available, never needed to add any apn in which I thought was strange.

I've done many hard resets and my data connection was ready available to do my back up.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
nope not at all, backup and restore is working perfectly.

The APN app (within settings) adds your apn when it boots up (so I think it does). When I got my phone and turned it on the first time, my 3G data was already available, never needed to add any apn in which I thought was strange.

I've done many hard resets and my data connection was ready available to do my back up.

Hmm.. Mine doesn't, I have to use the access point app or manually do it.. Is yours Rogers branded?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm almost positive the rebooting issue has nothing to do software. My first 8X rebooted 20x a day and everytime it was when my signal got low or when driving switching from network tower to tower. My replacement I had now for a few months doesn't have the update and has not once had a reboot.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
bell is not interested in the platform? I think what you meant is Bell didn't get the exclusive rights to my personal preferance because at&t/rogers got the Lumia 920 exclusively becauseeee I could have sworn bell mobility currently has 3 WP8 devices.

and by no means am I defending bell... I hate bell probably more than everyone combined on this site lol

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm almost positive the rebooting issue has nothing to do software. My first 8X rebooted 20x a day and everytime it was when my signal got low or when driving switching from network tower to tower. My replacement I had now for a few months doesn't have the update and has not once had a reboot.

Hi! Maybe I'm mistaken but I read a few posts and articles that the portico & firmware update was suppose to fix the reboot issue. Some people reported that. I know also that some people also said that it didn't fix it but the percentage of posts were more positive and negative. Maybe I'm wrong ;|

What's your about info on your new phone?

Here is mine...maybe that could be a factor into the rebooting issues??
View attachment 28178

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
bell is not interested in the platform? I think what you meant is Bell didn't get the exclusive rights to my personal preferance because at&t/rogers got the Lumia 920 exclusively becauseeee I could have sworn bell mobility currently has 3 WP8 devices.

and by no means am I defending bell... I hate bell probably more than everyone combined on this site lol

Ever been to a bell store or have experience with WP updates? They don't promote it support WP at all

rocking23nf

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
i got my bell phone 2 days, at least 20 reboots in 2 days. Please tell me this just my phone, im going to contact my account rep for either a new htc windows 8x or get an iphone.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
i got my bell phone 2 days, at least 20 reboots in 2 days. Please tell me this just my phone, im going to contact my account rep for either a new htc windows 8x or get an iphone.
Get a replacement. I had to send mine and once it came back the problem was fix. The problem that was written on the paper was the power board.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb