Notification centre rumor Nokia employee

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one that finds this so weird, that I wan't to make a thread out of it?

Yesterday we all saw a nice rumor that a notificaiton center was coming, With Daniel doing some great investigation work, and link that image to a Nokia employee.

Now this is the link to the article Microsoft has, and I'm wondering what the **** happened xD.

Daniel stating that the guy actually was a student doing a WP project. Was he just ****ing with us all? How could Daniel's investigative work be so...wrong?

Any thoughts on this?

I personally think this guy was stopped by Nokia/MS because of his image. This or he was just a big hoax with good intuitivity.

EDIT: My apologies foor centre instead of center xD

EDIT EDIT: Oh and what does Daniel mean by 'We know have knowledge that they won't announce anything"? What source does that come from?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Shh... Something is coming... by ~IWSFOD-D on deviantART

That's the source, and as you can read there:

This picture is no mean of confirmation for anything, i heard some stuffs by the time i was at Redmond. This picture is more like a picture of a fan to show how dedicated the lads at Microsoft are for the platform, to show users that they are not forgotten by Joe and his team. They heard what you have to say about the OS. So everyone please calm down. I did not do any kind of interview with Joe and the word in the picture is just what i made up and i think Joe would say the same thing.
I am no mean of making this picture to get exposure. I am more like a fan like everybody else and just think people are little impatient on the progress of the OS.

This entire thing was not to be taken seriously from the beginning, it was a fun article to get people to spin theories, but still, it was nothing solid and just a rumor. The picture is extremely flawed, and the inconsistency just jumps at you.

And everybody is welcome to call me stupid again, because I question the HTC exclusive app in a picture from a guy supposed to be working for Nokia, with information for every system WP supports...

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
As I understand it, Microsoft themselves have been dropping serious hints that a notification center is coming. They confirmed that one was intended to be included in WP8, so I think the odds that we will see one in 8.1 are pretty good.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
There was that guy from Windows Phone Hacker that made his own Notification Center app and had it taken down by Microsoft. The guy who made it said he couldn't discuss why it was taken down but he didn't sound upset by it.

I think there is hope still that we might see something at MWC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb