WP8 message sync with windows 8?

Zalcron

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
First off, i would like to formally introduce myself to these forums! My name is Luke and i'm an Electronics Engineering major and currently work at Office Depot as well as a full time father. I just made the switch the other day from Android (galaxy nexus, Verizon) to the blue 8x, and i can say i'm EXTREMELY impressed and won't be making the switch back for sure! (downside, obviously, still is apps but WP8 is so spectacular i see it taking off soon). I was always a HUGE Zune fan, and WP8 really intrigued me since i owned all the Zunes up to the HD. Anyways, i was led to believe the other day from a MSFT rep that i would be able to receive texts from my phone to my computer (running windows 8 pro) through the "messaging" app. i could either do this over the cloud or when on the same wifi network/plugged into my desktop. I have been having a tough time figuring this out, and it something i rather much enjoyed on my Android phone when i was at home, as i was able to surf and text without taking my phone out. Also, as a WP noob, i'd like to have a few recommendations on apps i should have! And particularly any multiplayer games me and my two friends could play (i just convinced my friend to switch to an 8x, and my other friend to get the lumia 920)? My 8x also has an LED, i was wondering if this was able to be utilized for notifications like Android? I know this should be researched for, but i'd thought i'd kill 2 (well this is technically 3) birds with one stone. Any help would greatly be appreciated! And thank you for these forums!

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome Luke! For the easy one, the notification lite is charge indicator and voicemail. Mine doesn't work for the latter cause I use youmail/magikmail for my vm. As for messaging, you will not get SMS messages to your win 8 PC. Only Facebook and skype/messenger messages are sent to both, of enabled.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
As for messaging, you will not get SMS messages to your win 8 PC. Only Facebook and skype/messenger messages are sent to both, of enabled.
I believe this to be in the works, but can't confirm anything. I have seen (via bug found on this forum, but unable to replicate since) that my SMS is synched to my Outlook.com account. It is there, in messaging... But as of yet unavailable to be viewed. I hope this is in the works!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99