WP8 Skype

sraffe8283

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I am using an HTC Windows Phone 8x.

I appreciate the latest Skype release from MS is a bit of a cobbled up beta version but has anybody else had an issue with Skype calls and message notifications. I don't get either and am getting pretty frustrated that I am not aware when somebody is trying to contact me?

Assistance greatly appreciated.

Steve

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
From my experience, as long as i open skype ill receive phone calls and notifications! I thought Skype runs all the time in the background but sadly i receive nothing! i tested it with another account, it shows that im online but i get nothing! I thought Portico update will fix it but sadly still.....Im disappointed in MS and Skype, we should have the best experience in SKype!
Anyways, in Voip domain, till now MS needs alot of work

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Skype doesn't work on WP, sorry.

Hopefully someday soon MS will decide to fix that. But for now, consider it basically broken.

robmif76

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sad MS can't make their own connectivity app work properly on their flagship OS. More and more all the launch fanfare by Mr.Ballmer is looking like pie in the sky.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Odd thing I noticed today...I don't have Skype installed on my L920 but I have it on my work computer. When I change the 'status' on the messaging app on my phone it changes on Skype on my computer. So if I set the status to away on the phone it immediately sets my Skype status on my computer to away. I thought that was rather odd given that I don't even have Skype installed on my phone!

Malcolm Clement

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sad MS can't make their own connectivity app work properly on their flagship OS. More and more all the launch fanfare by Mr.Ballmer is looking like pie in the sky.
Even more sad when you consider that Microsoft has close to $68 BILLION in CASH RESERVES. Why not spend a SMALL fraction of that to make sure your devices actually work as promised. I still can't believe how private companies like SpaceX are able to send payloads to the International SPACE Station and MS can't, with all their cash, make a SIMPLE messenger app work as it should. Don't even get me started on basic features and functionality missing in an OS this late to the game.......

$68,000,000,000 in CASH... (Microsoft Windows performance helps cash reserves grow by $5bn in six months | Technology | The Guardian)

Figure it out Microsoft...

Last edited:

HIllste1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how Mircorsoft doesn't realize that Skype is huge a missing link. WP8 needs a lot of small fixes, but a crippled Skype makes it impossible for a lot of people to switch from iOS. Face time requires pushing a button-something I can expalin to parents, grandparents, little kids, etc.

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Well lets be patient, i mean PDF sucked so bad and now we had an update and its working well! MS has alot of applications in WP8 and W8 and most needs alot of tuning! im hoping in the few weeks major updates will be coming to us and lets hope Skype is included

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster