Error code 805a0193 anyone?

VipulGupta

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Error code 805a0193

Sure it is... Something with no functionality always is working just fine (/as designed..) :p

Before buying Lumia 920 I would have totally agreed with you... but I have learned the hard way... after spending $700 and waiting for two years to change my phone and having a firm believe that MS would deliver a top notch product that would atleast on the functionality point of view would be far superior to iPhone and Apple phylosophy, considering the past track record of MS, I can only say I feel cheated and disgusted with the output of MS in the form of WP8. Though there are a lot of good and far superior things in this OS as compared to iOS and Android however on many fronts it lacks the basic functionaly which is rendering this phone as a useless piece of brick for me, and I am seriously considering of now purchasing an Android phone, having left with no options.
I have bought a product -
- in which i cannot browse my files and folders to organise my stuff
- I cannot attach local files over email and if I reply to an email i cannot attach anything except pictures
- there is no option to manually configure wifi, so I am unable to use internet over wifi as under its automatic settings it keeps getting wrong DNS andthus my moble data bill is shooting up like anything (600 mb in 3 days)
- it cannot connect to Blue & Me on my car through blue tooth which ironically is designed by MS only and ironalically an android phone which was made 4 years back is perfectly able to connect to it

these are the four basic but functions of extreme importance to me. But unfortunately and to my extreme disappointment MS is moving very very slowly and omiting basic functionalities which are must for at least making the phone usable.
Hope they learn and learn very very fast or else no one would be able to save them from extiction.

Graham Law

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

Isn't it wonderful that something so simple can bring the whole world together in one thread...

That was me attempting to look on the bright side while the marketplace tile tells me i've got updates to download

(same error, UK Orange Lumia 820)

VipulGupta

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

Isn't it wonderful that something so simple can bring the whole world together in one thread...

That was me attempting to look on the bright side while the marketplace tile tells me i've got updates to download

(same error, UK Orange Lumia 820)

you have put it quite beautifully indeed...

jackbrennan

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Yep, i've been having the same problem since this morning.

Big pain in the backside because i just reset my Lumia 920 this morning to use a different/new microsoft account /doh :)
Also from Norway

Morta Della

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello from St Petresburg, Russia! Logged in specialy to participate in this nice chat :) Yes I also have this error since saturday morning (time is GMT+4).
I am pretty sure though that the error will be gone eventually.. and despite of any errors my Lumia 820 still will have shiny screen and sexy yellow cover :)

Sou Bundanga

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Lots of people have windows phones and there must be lots more apps too :)

+1 Same problem here in Australia - I see that it's a world wide problem (though not the worst worldwide problem by a long shot).

VipulGupta

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello from St Petresburg, Russia! Logged in specialy to participate in this nice chat :) Yes I also have this error since saturday morning (time is GMT+4).
I am pretty sure though that the error will be gone eventually.. and despite of any errors my Lumia 820 still will have shiny screen and sexy yellow cover :)

Seems like you are really enjoying this :)

Parktreeone

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here. From the UK tried with and without wifi. Wont let me update app. Feel kinda relived to see its not just me though. Quick fix soon, I hope

Jollander

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Info from Microsoft

Hey guys, I just spoke with Microsofts support. Theres an issue with their servers; they are working on it and it should be resolved within 24 hours. Official info on Microsoft.com coming up. Just thought you'd like to know.

Chat log with Microsoft support. Names removed for privacy.
MS.: Hello xxx, my name is MS. with Microsoft Support. Please give me a few moments as I review the information you've submitted.
xxx: Sure
MS.: I understand you`re having an issue with the marketplace?
xxx: Yes, error code when trying to download apps. As written already, seems like a bunch of people have the same issue today.
MS.: I have to say you`re right as this is a problem since today morning
MS.: our staff is currently working on it and it should be fixed within 24 hrs
MS.: my apologies for that
xxx: It's understandable. Thanks for the information.
xxx: Do you think you can publish this for everyone to see on the support page or something? Seems like a lot of people are confused and contacting their phone companies
MS.: yes we have a lot of customers chatting about it and we are very busy today
MS.: as far as I know, guys working on the forum, will post an info soon

ran556

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

You sir, are a drama queen :'). These issues happen, don't sweat it, m8.

You may response my comment with "cool" / "buisness as usual" answer, but...
Is it realy neccessary?
Is it even wise?

No one here is talking about the fact that this issue is NOT NEW.
No one's talking about the fact that Microsoft didn't learn from the MISTAKES OF THE PAST,
and this problem is return on itself time fater time..
And no one's talking about the fact that such a hugh company is - clearly - unable to solve
such a problem, and for good.

So what's the point in your "cool response" for my comment if every word I say was true?
Believe me, if someone would have saying this before me, I would remain silence.

..Maybe that's the difference between you and I:
You didn't remain silence even you didn't have actualy anything to say..

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Info from Microsoft

Hey guys, I just spoke with Microsofts support. Theres an issue with their servers; they are working on it and it should be resolved within 24 hours. Official info on Microsoft.com coming up. Just thought you'd like to know.

Chat log with Microsoft support. Names removed for privacy.

For a company that specializes in cloud, how can they **** up so often?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99