Different podcast problem

necrochaos

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a different podcast problem than I've seen on this forum.

I have NPR Car Talk set to 3 episodes. So I have episode 1 2 and 3 on my phone. I listen to episode 1. It's marked as played. If I delete it, the next time I plug in and are on Wifi it will download episode 1 again and mark it as not played. Once episode 4 becomes available the cycle will continue when I finish 2.

The only workaround is to leave items you have listened to on the phone. It should delete it when the next episode comes out and deletes old played episodes.

Any ideas?

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
It's basically the same system from the Zune desktop software, and I don't really like it. As you've mentioned, the played state doesn't always compute, and there's the weirdness of "in collection" vs "automatic" (podcasts you manually download are marked as "in collection" and don't get deleted per the episode limit you set). I personally just set it to 2-3 episodes per podcast and let the phone delete the old ones in time, not ideal if you have limited storage space but what can you do.

brianLTE

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone get the "Sorry we can't play this file in your phone" error? Sometimes if I restart the phone/back out and go back in it will work. Other episodes of the same show will work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans