Stop text message ringtone

Mooe

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a windows 8 phone and I get tons of text message alerts for work. With my old phone I could hit the hang up button and it would immediately stop playing the ringtone. Is this possible with a Windows 8 phone? I know I could turn the volume down and wait for it to stop and then turn the volume back up but that would be a pain.

Any ideas / options?

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I have a windows 8 phone and I get tons of text message alerts for work. With my old phone I could hit the hang up button and it would immediately stop playing the ringtone. Is this possible with a Windows 8 phone? I know I could turn the volume down and wait for it to stop and then turn the volume back up but that would be a pain.

Any ideas / options?
choose a shorter tone?

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The phone has to wake me, I'll probably sleep through a shorter tone.

I really wish I could turn it off, but I need it to wake me up when I get an alert.
Then I have no clue. My tone is short and have never had the need or lightening fast reflexes to even try to stop it. I didn't even think any of the available sounds were long enough for this to be an issue.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Um, turn up the volume and use a more piercing tone? Alarm 7 at full volume, on my nightstand, wakes the **** out of me.

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Any ideas / options?

The sound for alarms on your phone are separate from those used for text messages. If you set the text message ring tone to none (so you don't have to hear a ring tone every time you get a text), your alarm will still sound. Also, neither turning the ringer volume all the way down nor silencing the ringer will affect the alarm volume.

DaveR12

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that if you momentarily press the power button, it will silence an incoming call so it will probably work with an incoming text.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett