Data usage by live tiles on WP8

bsetno

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new smartphone over the next couple of weeks, and I've really been rather taken by Windows Phone 8 as an operating system. Removable battery and expandable storage are important to me, and the nice big screen of the Samsung ATIV S has drawn me towards that device. However, the only place I can get it on a contract is some website with terrible reviews, which isn't something I'm overly willing to gamble on - I want reliable service. My current plan is to get it SIM-Free (around ?430) and then a SIM-only contract. Current one I've found is 300mins, unltd texts and 500MB data. It's only the data I'm really worried about, as I've heard stories of Windows Phone 8 using up a lot more data than comparable use on an Android phone. I'd be a light/medium internet user - relatively frequent email checking, facebook and twitter as well, and a few times daily of web browsing (generally for the news). Wifi when at home, probably need to use 3G at school, and I really want to know other people's experiences with data usage, especially when relating to live tile updates. Can anyone help?

THanks very much!

(in UK by the way)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos