Multiple Google Calendars

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I used to be able to go to m.google.com/sync and select additional Google calendars to sync.

Now, when I go there, I do not see the list of devices I have anymore. Has anyone added multiple Google calendars in the last few days? I am using Exchange to sync.

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
When trying on my lumia 620 it would redirect me to another site (the one you mention). However, there is a trick. If you use chrome on your computer, you can use an add-on (user-agent switcher). Then switch to iphone 4. Once you do that go to m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/ and you will be able to choose your devices and your calendars. The last step would be to disable javascript while you are at that website and change the word "false" to "true" in your url bar. Then select your calendar and do not forget to press save changes!

jeversion1

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Safari aslo has a debug menu that allows for a change of your user agent. You have to enable it in preferences >advanced and then check the box that says enable developer menu in menu bar. Then from that drop down on the menu bar you can pick iPhone.Also some people are on that screen and dont realize that there is a text that says sign in. Thats an actual button even though it doesnt look like it.Hope that helps.

tdb1

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
When trying on my lumia 620 it would redirect me to another site (the one you mention). However, there is a trick. If you use chrome on your computer, you can use an add-on (user-agent switcher). Then switch to iphone 4. Once you do that go to m.google.com/sync/settings/iconfig/ and you will be able to choose your devices and your calendars. The last step would be to disable javascript while you are at that website and change the word "false" to "true" in your url bar. Then select your calendar and do not forget to press save changes!

There is a Windows Phone app called User Agent Switcher that does the same thing (let's you make google think you are an iphone). Just used it and I was able to get in and add a shared calendar. The appointments haven't shown up in my phone yet (not sure how long it might take, if it works at all), but it did give me access to those options.

tdb1

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you synchronized the account?

I have my phone set up to sync with my Google calendar. Using the User Agent Switcher, I was able to check the box for a shared calendar. However, as of now (1 hour later) the appointments for the shared calendar have not shown up. I don't know if I need to do anything else to push it to sync, if I just need to wait longer, or if it just isn't going to work.

tdb1

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I have my phone set up to sync with my Google calendar. Using the User Agent Switcher, I was able to check the box for a shared calendar. However, as of now (1 hour later) the appointments for the shared calendar have not shown up. I don't know if I need to do anything else to push it to sync, if I just need to wait longer, or if it just isn't going to work.

Actually - a quick follow up. I went into account settings on the phone for my Google account, unchecked calendar and saved. Then I went back in and checked calendar again, and it synced to the shared calendar. So this fix worked for me. Thanks for the help!!

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, this worked. I did have to switch from exchange to IMAP though.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

Most excellent! Thanks very much for that tip. You just saved my 620 from demotion to the 'wait until MS & Google fix things' drawer. I bought the Lumia 620 to experiment with WP8 and have been loving the phone in general (I've come from a series of Android handsets), but I need to sync multiple Google calendars (it would be too hard to convince my whole family to move to a new shared calendar system). Just did the User-Agent Switcher trick and everything is working like a charm now.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
The best way to solve this issue IMHO is to sign up with NuevaSync - Smartphone Cloud Services. It costs US$15 a year and there are loads of configuration possibilities. I sync my contacts and several calendars as well as tasks so I can use the task pane of the WP8 calendar and have it sync with Toodledo : A to-do list to organize your tasks

Google is really the only option for me as I use Apple Macs. Outlook calendars can't sync to the Mac, so that's a non-starter. With nuevasync I have a problem-free setup. Well worth the money!

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Just want to bump this thread and to add that this worked once again on my new 928. Thanks again!

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for this tip. Hopefully, MS can get the CalDav support update out soon so this won't be needed.

And how, if this is possible, would this not be considered anti-competitive behavior by Google, if all they are doing is filtering based on the OS that's accessing it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss