New Skype For IOS and Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Their loyalties lie with their largest user base, which is Android and iOS. It's the right business decision.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Its not on Windows either and that is undoubtedly the biggest userbase they have and regardless of userbase WP is a Microsoft property along with Skype so one really has to question what they were thinking. Microsoft is displaying a tremendous lack of leadership and it doesnt bode well for adoption of their services when their own divisions wont support them.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No, it's utter incompetence. Microsoft is a large enough organization to update the apps for all the platforms at the same time

this was my thinking also, they should have been able to roll this out for windows phone at the same time of ios and android. you should never leave your own platform behind. it shows you're not all in on the very thing you made. why should others be all in?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
MS better do a 180 this year or I'm done. I'll go back to Android if they don't get their act together. And clearly, I will have everything WP8 has and a ton more.

anon(5353539)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
unless, they integrated it into the update/OS? thats why we wont be seeing a stand alone app, because WP wont need one?

STILL. facking disappointing, and bad press.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
unless, they integrated it into the update/OS? thats why we wont be seeing a stand alone app, because WP wont need one?

STILL. facking disappointing, and bad press.

i could see it added to an update maybe, but still, ios and android has it before wp8. and also, wp8 still has a skype app.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm sick of this 'integration with the OS' bullls***. We've been fed this crap since the end of 2011. It ain't gonna happen. Whoever they have developing the app for WP8 is just not good enough to pull off whatever they're trying to. They did integration, and they broke the entire OS. Just stop with the integration FGS and make a decent standalone app. Jesus!

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
MS knows we're not leaving anytime soon, plus there isn't competition on the Windows platforms for Skype. Sad but true

Well you don't speak for everyone. If MS doesn't heavily improve WP8 this year and stop giving other platforms things first, I for one will leave with little regret. And why not? We can have everything this OS has and plenty more on other platforms. I can still use MS apps on other platforms, plus get updates first, plus everything else those platforms have that WP doesn't, which there are many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6