WP8, when will enough batteries fail to start a class action, suit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan_05

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I truly enjoy my Nokia 920 much more than iPhone 4S, but 3 of the last 4 days my phone has gone from 80% battery life to 20 in an hour in my pocket because it's stuck in some loop. Notifications, flashlight (even with the light off), and a mystery app have all caused it.

Nokia and Microsoft have both told me to be sure to back out of programs, and I try. But if I forget my phone is toast. I don't see how actively managing multitasking is a reasonable solution. That renders the phone almost useless.

The battery life claims from Microsoft, Nokia seem blatantly false. This is my second Lumia 920 with this problem, is it the only the 920 with these issues?

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
do you have the portico update yet? because my 920s battery was amazing and then i got the portico update in december and i definitely noticed a drop in battery life but i am sure nokia will fix it!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had no battery problems at all. Normal day of calls, mail,texting and games and I'm still around 80% at night when I set it on the charger.

bryan_05

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
do you have the portico update yet? because my 920s battery was amazing and then i got the portico update in december and i definitely noticed a drop in battery life but i am sure nokia will fix it!

I do have the update. If I forget to back out of some apps my phone is toast. I usually catch it when my leg feels abnormally warm.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is a very subjective matter... There is no one reason why a phone can drain so fast. It can be because of hardware issue, signal strength of your network, poor apps and your usage patterns. If all the users of this phone are having poor battery than you can probably think of class action. But look at this forum many people are claiming that they are having excellent battery life. Myself, I'm getting very good battery. I start my day with full charge and end it with 40% by night. Mind you, I have 5 mail accounts syncing, bluetooth always on, wifi always on, connected on H+ network, one hour of phone calls and at least half an hour on Skype...

I admit that there are bugs that may be creating battery annoyances, yet these are no way close to call for a complete recall by the manufacturer. If you are losing 60% of battery in one hour, there is some problem. Check if you have installed any apps running in the background constantly syncing with your location... Some of these location interpreting apps are written poorly forcing the gps to drain battery.

Yes, in the near run Microsoft has lot of responsibility in validating the apps before they release it to marketplace. Moreover, MS need serious updates to make multitasking both battery efficient and user friendly. Right now multitasking is kind of makeshift adjustment and I have my own complaints regarding the same. Initially, I was putting the battery blame on Nokia, but after reading HTC 8x battery issues, I think MS has to resolve so many issues here.

All said, try to get another replacement and remove all the apps are start afresh. Run you own diagnostics and share your experiences with us.

Pi Sin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
remove your battery apps it is one of the biggest draining apps... i only realise it lately.. also set photo auto upload to skydrive off.. that is one big drainer.. most apps even in android drain your battery very very fast..

bryan_05

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have all manual background tasks turned off, sensitivity set to normal, and I don't have the Battery Check apps.

Yesterday I was home all day - played games, auto uploaded photos, browsed SkyDrive, used MS One Note repeatedly, Facebook, Twitter, and the web a bunch. By 10:30pm I had 18% battery life, that's perfectly normal to me.

The infuriating part is days where I don't think or forget to manually back out of every program. If I open Notifications and hear my daughter cry it shouldn't mean my phone is going to lose 60% of it's battery over the next hour because I didn't back out of every task.

It's a bug that cripples the phone.

I want WP8 to succeed - I have an Xbox, Windows Home Server, and Windows 8. They are my ecosystem of choice, but if this bug isn't fixed by the time I can re-up my contract I'll be moving to Android or something else.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The world can do without another battery thread. Especially one that asks for a class action lawsuit without providing sufficient evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)