WP8 keyboard/word suggestions worse than WP7

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
hi, after using my WP8 device since October, I've noticed that they word suggestions are much worse than on my lumia 900.

For example if I type "Glaf" on WP7 it will change automatically to Glad, but wont do that on WP8, it'll just highlight that it is incorrect. I've noticed on other words too, has something been changed or do I need to just change some settings, any help to bring the keyboard for my lumia 820 on key with my lumia 900 would be appreciated.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Not having that problem at all. Just tried your example and it worked fine. In fact I love the way my phone anticipates words. I type a lot fewer characters than I used to.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Wp8 has the best auto spell function and also auto prediction is awesome. Sometimes i even don't have to typ at all, just clicking the words above the keyboard and you get full sentences without actually typing!

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked you've got auto correction turned on in Settings?

I do. I checked, but only some words are corrected, seems on my lumia 900, it works so amazingly well, I feel a bit annoyed the same is not happening with my L820. I wonder what is wrong?

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know. But i thought the wordflow keyboard also has a learning curve. So if you correct the same word manually a few times, isn't it correct it automatically it self? It did on my 8x, even in Dutch. Dutch is very good implanted in the auto correction and word flow.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
hi, after using my WP8 device since October, I've noticed that they word suggestions are much worse than on my lumia 900.

For example if I type "Glaf" on WP7 it will change automatically to Glad, but wont do that on WP8, it'll just highlight that it is incorrect. I've noticed on other words too, has something been changed or do I need to just change some settings, any help to bring the keyboard for my lumia 820 on key with my lumia 900 would be appreciated.

glaf turns to glad on my 920

mr_808

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that I've accidentally added words that I spelled incorrectly to the dictionary. You can't remove specific words but you can reset the dictionary.

Go to settings> keyboard> advanced> reset suggestions. This should fix it.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Wp8 has the best auto spell function and also auto prediction is awesome. Sometimes i even don't have to typ at all, just clicking the words above the keyboard and you get full sentences without actually typing!

I find this happening to me as well. I've had mine since November and I seldom have to type full words anymore.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I also noticed the way auto correction works is unique to the area or region you are located in. If you are in a country where English is not primary language, the auto correct doesn't work as you may want to throw in local words in English. But if you set you local region to English US, auto correct works like a charm.

NinjaPenguin777

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I personally hate the keyboard. It may be great for people that type really slow, but I type relatively fast on mine and it doesn't correct words often enough for me. The most frustrating thing is when i type a word wrong and you miss every letter by one key and it can't figure the word out. That's the one thing I enjoyed more on my iphone than my lumia. Another issue I have is with the space bar and delete button. Way too often I hit the space bar and it doesnt react fast enough. Ive gotten used to it but still don't like the keyboard overall

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I personally hate the keyboard. It may be great for people that type really slow, but I type relatively fast on mine and it doesn't correct words often enough for me. The most frustrating thing is when i type a word wrong and you miss every letter by one key and it can't figure the word out. That's the one thing I enjoyed more on my iphone than my lumia. Another issue I have is with the space bar and delete button. Way too often I hit the space bar and it doesnt react fast enough. Ive gotten used to it but still don't like the keyboard overall

then at the end of the sentence you click on the words with a red crinkle underneath it and it gives you almost everytime the correct word, so you can click on it. Isn't such a big deal isn't it? Or you click on the words if they appear above. But i also noticed that if you're typing really fast, you don't see any words. But that's normal actually.

mr_808

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Look, I've had 3 iPhones over 5 years. I hated the keyboard on every one of them. Autocorrect hardly ever worked for me. Since I've had my 920, I've tried using another iphone to type and I literally hit the same incorrect key 3 times before I handed it back to them. I'm pretty sure even Android has a better keyboard than iPhone especially when you consider you only get 3 choices when you misspell a word and the predictive text almost never works.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have my keyboard set to English (United Kingdom) just as I did with my L900. I also tried resetting the keyboard. I also checked all the settings were correct and the same as with my L900, but doesn't seem to work. not sure what the problem could be here?

EauRouge

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Not to start an argument, I used a 920 for a while and found the keyboard far better than iOS, but my Blackberry Z10 keyboard and predictive text /autocorrect is just way beyond anything else I've used. And I've used them all!

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of the few that find the BB10 keyboard suggestions irritating...the keyboard itself is not bad though.

I've found with my 920 that it seems to be learning in time as it keeps getting better and better...I do find I miss the spacebar more often but that has to do with the size of my hands and the size of the screen more than anything else....I can fly though a paragraph and only have to fix a word or two usually if I didn't look closely while typing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss