Xbox music is so baffling

Robbie95

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thought i figured out this stupid syncing problem, turned off xbox gimmick settings, used wmp to sync across made sure album info was updated with correct album art, track list etc. Transferred them to my phone, checked on xbox music, everything was perfect. Restarted my phone now its gone hog wild.
Apparently on xbox music there are no artists or albums, but on the song's submenu you'll will find every song from every album basically dumped there. On Nokia music i can select artists, no albums, but the same thing all the songs off every album is shoved into one folder.
I checked on PC via usb the folders as i thought it might of synced over funny, nope perfectly segregated.
Why is this so difficult to put music onto a phone, mickey mouse piece of 5hit!

mindfrost82

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Are you using an Xbox Music Pass? I have the subscription and now I'm able to sync my playlists and stuff fine, but I only use songs from the Xbox Music Store (either bought or just downloaded as part of my music pass). I don't use the stupid Windows Phone Tool to put other mp3s on my phone.

I wrote up an article on getting things to sync with the Music Pass: Tech Tip: Getting XBox Music Playlists To Sync To Windows Phone 8 | R.B. Russell.com

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
They took a beautiful, amazing application called Zune and replaced it with a pile of crap. I'm a pretty big Microsoft ****** but the fact that they took a phone that is supposed to be a consumer friendly phone and force people to use windows media player or, holy 1990 Batman, copy files manually to a SD card is just plain laughable. All they had to do was rebrand the Zune app and you have the perfect solution.. and guess what. Videos you actually purchased would still work on your new device.

To me that is the single biggest mistake they have made and I hope people lost their job over it. (Was likely part of Sinfosky's exit..thank Jebus.)

Robbie95

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Robbie95

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what xbox music pass is, but it sounds like a paid subscription thing and you be damned if im paying MS or Xbox for that garbage.

Robbie95

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The suggested way of getting the playlists/albums to sync was to subscribe to xbox pass, why should i pay for music i already have just so xbox music will properly sync...
Just saying

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The suggested way of getting the playlists/albums to sync was to subscribe to xbox pass, why should i pay for music i already have just so xbox music will properly sync...
Just saying
I think you may have misread the intentions of the poster who mentioned the xbox music pass... seems he was just asking if you had it, and provided assistance for it if you did.

I can't say I've had this particular issue nor have I read about it before so unfortunately I don't think I can be of much assistance, but it's definitely not supposed to work that way. All your music should be categorized neatly into artists, albums, songs, genres, and.. well good luck with playlists because that's hit or miss for a lot of people. Mine seem to work for the most part but creating from the computer can be an interesting experience. I assume all the music has the correct ID3 tags for artists and album and such? What happens if you try to sync over just one album now, does that album show correctly or does it get messed up like everything else?

Robbie95

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
All the id tags are spot on, i matched the album info using wmp album tool. If i was to sync a album now it would probably work. I did the one at a time approach which worked, everything was fine then like the xbox fairy came down over night and messed everything up.
I deleted all my songs today and re-synced everything again, albums, album art all there, was looking good but what happened i synced a album over, all fine then i decided abit later to add another album from the same artist, ended up all together, did a restart, totally bawls up again.

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Are you using an Xbox Music Pass? I have the subscription and now I'm able to sync my playlists and stuff fine, but I only use songs from the Xbox Music Store (either bought or just downloaded as part of my music pass). I don't use the stupid Windows Phone Tool to put other mp3s on my phone.

I wrote up an article on getting things to sync with the Music Pass: Tech Tip: Getting XBox Music Playlists To Sync To Windows Phone 8 | R.B. Russell.com
When you say to click Add to my collection" on computer, what are you talking about? I'm using Xbox and WP8. No computer at all in this transaction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234