Windows Blue

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
So I was thinking about the upcoming Windows "Blue" and what it will mean for the platform. My understanding is that the interface and gestures would be standardized on both platform which would be good but it does beg the question which set of gestures and design do you port across to the other platform. It seems to me the way to go would be to transfer the Windows Phone 8 interface onto Windows 8 as it just seems more thought out and intuitive (ie you the tiles take up the whole screen). Don't get me wrong though Windows 8 does do some stuff right; The Multitasking and metro snap does work great. So out of interest I put my WP start screen onto my surface and I have to say I think a landscape version would look great.

Attachments

• WP_20130224_001.jpg
    WP_20130224_001.jpg
    822 KB · Views: 3

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
That's a lot of messages, if that's a picture of your device! Lol.

What I want from it... are apps being able to be ported over from one side to the other. (from WP8 to W8 and from W8 to WP8).

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
yeah, I was being spammed, but now I know the counter doesn't go above 125. Yeah that would be nice, would love weather flow on my surface :)

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
That's a lot of messages, if that's a picture of your device! Lol.

What I want from it... are apps being able to be ported over from one side to the other. (from WP8 to W8 and from W8 to WP8).
That would probably only be possible between Win RT and WP8 since both run on ARM based CPUs. However the app situation on RT is even worse than WP8 so not sure what benefit will WP8 have from this.

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Probably no benefit to Windows phone, but if Microsoft want to push a 7" rt tablet then perhaps Windows Phone apps would give it a boost, then again I don't know if you want to fragment windows 8 and rt by having apps available on rt but not 8. Looks like Microsoft have some tough decisions to make.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Same apps running on a tablet and phone is recipe for disaster. This is what's keeping Android tablets from booming. The app on the phone looks great, but when blown up on a 10-inch screen it looks awful. And good luck asking devs to have tablet versions of apps.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs