This whole outlook/microsoft-account thing is confusing me

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I am using a Microsoft account for my notebook, my desktop and my Lumia 920 (***@hotmail com). I am registered at outlook.com, too, which I use to access my 3rd party E-Mail accounts (e.g. my university mail account) and forward my mails to my phone.

So, my concern is: Whenever I look into my contacts in my phone, there is a totally chaotic mix of outlook- and microsoft contacts. I think all my contacts are saved on my Microsoft account, but many of those contacts are saved on my outlook.com account aswell. I want to get rid of that chaos and save all my contacts with all their phone numbers and email adresses on ONE account, preferably the microsoft account. I want to access these contacts from my phone, my two PC's, the outlook.com website, my office 365 desktop software and the windows 8 people app. Is this possible at all? How do you handle those accounts on your phones? I find it absolutely redundant to save two similar contacts (one outlook, one ms account) and link them with absolutely no benefit.

Thanks for all your input

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Filter contacts. In settings, opt to Filter. Deselect the account you don't want. If your Microsoft account has all of them, choose to deselect Outlook.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs