Bing Vision in WP8 is a downgrade from WP7

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Excuse the direct title, but topics are often introduced in an agree/disagree fashion.

So my complaint with the new Bing Vision is in the text recognition. On my Omnia 7, I can point at text such as Chinese or Russian and it is recognised as text and you can translate it in place.

On my Lumia 620, not even European languages are recognised if they have any extra squiggles. No matter how clear the text is, it is ignored. English is recognised fine, but that's not very useful to me.

This seemed like a good place to write this down. It's one of many downgrades I've uncovered in WP8. I forget some of the others but I think I posted it already.

In the meantime, does anyone know an app which can do what Bing Vision used to do?

Cheers

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
isn't the translation done by Bing Translate ? The app or the Camera Lens ?
I'm new to Windows Phone , but last week I translated a Chinese text via Bing Translate , I just opened Bing Translate , Choose Via Camera & pointed the camera towards the text ! It showed me the translation over it !

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
isn't the translation done by Bing Translate ? The app or the Camera Lens ?
I'm new to Windows Phone , but last week I translated a Chinese text via Bing Translate , I just opened Bing Translate , Choose Via Camera & pointed the camera towards the text ! It showed me the translation over it !

On WP8, it is integrated into the Bing. It doesn't require Bing Translate app or camera lens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo