How to sync your Music! Thread!

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
How to Sync your Music perfectly or "almost perfect" 101

I've been trying to sync my music to my phone perfectly and have found or have been successfully after many attempts and programs like many others.

Before we proceed I do not own any DRM or Cloud based songs so I don't know how to help you in that one.

I would also recommend using these programs in conjunction of each other to help you sync better which in my experience has made my experience perfect.

MediaMonkey or iTunes - To Organize Your Music Library
Zune - To Create playlists and also some extra organizing after Mediamonkey
Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3) - Use to Sync (I believed they fixed the album art program)
MPAtool - Adding remaining missing album art / artist backgrounds.

I would definitely recommend using Mediamonkey to fully organize all your music to your liking, metatags, albumart and all.

After using or not using a program to organizing your music, open up Zune and let it do it's work to scan your media. Create your playlist with it.

Once done before you sync make sure that you turn off "Connect to Xbox Music" option in the Music Hub on your device. This is to maintain the hard work that you've put into your metatags or that it'll maintain your library. You can re-enable this option once you sync though!

Use Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3) ( It has seem to me anyway that it's fully syncing all the album artwork and everything else correctly now ), select your artist / songs / playlist to sync. Once you've synced, all or almost all your album art will be there.

If some of your album art are missing, use MPAtoolto fill out the missing artworks.

For artist backgrounds, you can re-enable "Connect to Xbox Music" to grab them. Just play a preview song from the artist and it should tag. If not just use MPAtool to do it.

If you do use MPAtool to tag your album art / artist background it will create a song called MPATool Dummy, you can delete them very easily. Go to your Music, slide over to genre, select MPATool Dummy or so, and select all of the files and delete (it will not affect anything).

Also if you have an artist background tagged you will not be able to change it unless the artist is unsynced from your device to remove that image data then re-sync and add a different one instead.

I have uploaded my HD artist backgrounds if you would like to use them here Artist Background Skydrive. They are sized at 1900 x 1280. I also have 300 HD album artwork as well if you'd like me to upload them there too.

Hope it all help!

Dead mods, there has been many people asking for help in this subject and I've pretty much replied to all of them and decided to write this up for anyone who is too lazy to do a search.

Last edited:

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Ive been using itunes and syncing with windows preview 3,ive not had any problems only the length of time it takes to sync 16gb of music (about 2hours)

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Honestly speaking, I prefer something like iTunes match - no need to connect to a computer, and everything is perfectly in sync. Sadly Xbox music os a disaster.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Ive been using itunes and syncing with windows preview 3,ive not had any problems only the length of time it takes to sync 16gb of music (about 2hours)

Really? o_O that is a long time to sync.

The reason why I don't mention iTunes to organize music or recommend is that it does not save your album art properly. I've had many experience with iTunes making my album art disappear constantly even after reorganizing my library.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
iTunes making my album art disappear constantly even after reorganizing my library.

not had that problem, if i could get zune to connect to my phone id give your way a try, why is it all so hard :(

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
not had that problem, if i could get zune to connect to my phone id give your way a try, why is it all so hard :(

Oh I just use Zune to create the playlists but anywho I shall add iTunes to apps for organizing since you never had any problems!

Last edited:

Toezilla

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
It's actually pretty disgraceful for MS that a thread like this even needs to exist. I love almost everything about my WP8, but I can say with absolute certainty that Xbox Music is an abysmal failure and a complete nightmare to use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss