Where is Samsung and HTC?

ramcoza

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I know every time Nokia introduces an application or game exclusively to Lumia Series phones, people, who bought other brand WP devices, always used to cry..
But take a look into it..
You have to understand what is actually happening..
You can't actually bash a company because you don't have their products.

These are the quotes came from Nokia @ the press event today (MWC 2013)..

"We've achieved the level of 130,000 Windows Phone applications."

"We're really focused on helping developers make money in this ecosystem."
"Nokia building out a monetization network for developers."
"It's more than just the volume of applications."

"We're opening up our core technologies and APIs to developers."

"Application developers will be able to take advantage of these APIs for their apps."
"New agreement between Nokia and Dreamworks."

"Interactive entertainment products between Dreamworks and Nokia."

"Some great new experiences," says Elop

"We will provide game developers with tools to build rich virtual experiences."
"First experiences available in second half of 2013."

"Hundreds of businesses in the early stages of trialing Lumia."
"Sports Direct, Foxtons, Coca Cola, Kone, KPN, and Mall of America all switching to Lumia."

So it's clear Nokia makes new agreements(using their own money) with major developers to bring their apps to the platform. So it's clear Nokia will introduce more and more exclusive apps and games to Lumia devices. Like Dreamworks games.

How can you bash Nokia? They are spending their own money, so it's 100% correct to bring those apps to their own brands.

Now I have a question for those haters..
You read the quotes I mentioned already, no?
HTC and Samsung are on WP platform for much longer than Nokia is. Did you ever hear something like Nokia said today from either Samsung or HTC?
Where is their dedication to WP platform? Is there an actual dedication?
You know MWC is the major event of mobile devices and technology.. Will Samsung or HTC announce at least one WP device at this event? Will they at least talk about WP?
I am waiting to hear from them, because I like WP as a whole.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Where is SUMSUNG and HTC?

How can you bash Nokia? They are spending their own money, so it's 100% correct to bring those apps to their own brands.
I believe a point of contention is that the money isn't all theirs, since Microsoft pays them $250 million a quarter. Of course, Nokia does kind of pay it back by staying exclusive to Windows Phone and with its services.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Where is SUMSUNG and HTC?

HTC also receives money too, right?

Can Nokia release a PDF app and let Nokia do Skype, please? I'm tired of waiting on microsoft.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Great post, ramcoza! These types of agreements don't generate a lot of buzz for the phone-geeks however they make a lot of difference when it comes to the longetivity of a platform. Hopefully the agreements will pay off in the long term.

Last edited:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Got to say im happy with my HTC 8X and am all for Nokia pushing things forward its only good for the ecosystem as a whole - Im not that much of an app guy and can wait for the exclusivity periods to end if there is anything I really need. Youve got to remember nokia are the little guy when it comes to smartphones so they have got to make the most effort compared to Samsung and HTC that are both entrenched in the Android ecosystem.

Im glad its Nokia doing the work theyve got a great mobile phone pedigree and have possibly the largest patent portfolio that has everybody paying them money. With the range of phones they now have and the markets they are targetting it can only mean good things for them and anyone associated with them.

Just wish I had gone with my gut and bought a load of shares when they were valued under a dollar.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
You will see more from them when windows phones start selling like androids. The OEMs are focused on android because that's where the money is. Apple is starting to lose traction, bb10 is a mess, and eventually MS will start to gain popularity. I think it's a long uphill race, and we have a long way to go.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
You will see more from them when windows phones start selling like androids. The OEMs are focused on android because that's where the money is...
Are you implying that it all rests on Nokia's shoulders to increase the market share? Maybe this is why Microsoft is rumored to be creating their own phone?

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Are you implying that it all rests on Nokia's shoulders to increase the market share? Maybe this is why Microsoft is rumored to be creating their own phone?
Not at all, I'm implying it all rests on microsofts shoulders...it's there operating system. I'm saying you will see more from htc and Samsung when this OS gains traction. Nokia has no choice right now.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Not at all, I'm implying it all rests on microsofts shoulders...it's there operating system. I'm saying you will see more from htc and Samsung when this OS gains traction. Nokia has no choice right now.
True about Nokia. HTC is struggling financially so I don't see them going the extra mile on WP. Samsung, however, is LOADED. It'd be nice if they came out with a Galaxy Windows Phone to hit the large-screen market that no WP OEMs are covering.

Last edited:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I think Samsung and HTC realize that they have a hard time keeping up with Nokia in terms of innovation. In that sense they probably feel like consumers will give the nod to Nokia products before they do to HTC and Samsung phones.

With Android phones, Samsung and HTC can just keep adding cores, and ram to keep people buying their phones.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Youve got to give a little credit to HTC they may not have done a great deal since launch for WP but they were first out the gate with their phones which were different to any droid on the market at the time and they were available on multiple carriers. They will no doubt release a better phone than the 8x at some point in the near future as they did with the Titan and Titan 2 probably timed around October this year to catch people coming to the ends of two year contracts.

Samsung on the other hand shouldnt have bothered, all they did was take a GS3 stick a windows key on the front and then wait 4 months after Nokia and HTC released their phones before they decided to let theirs loose in certain countries. Just shows a huge lack of effort and has probably cost Samsung a lot of potential customers - myself being one of them. If your going to be first to announce you should be first to release not late to the party by 4 months

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb