Will certain Nokia owners get pooched?

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that pretty much every non-LTE Lumia now only have 512 RAM: 720, 620, and 520. This concerns me because I'm wondering if there's any possibility that future WP8 updates over the next 2 years may require devices with at least 1GB RAM. I've seen this question pop up in comments quite a bit. Do you think it's a valid concern? Mind you, at $250 off contract it's not a huge deal, you just ditch it when it becomes an issue but I am curious if anyone thinks this might happen.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you own one of these devices? If not then why are you concerned? Again, someone on this board worrying themselves over things they have no control over. Either that or just taking a nice Monday morning troll down the way.

LBLEIJE

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
certain HTC owners also....
If they do, i'd get back to android again. Oh wait, they don't upgrade either..
Ergo, I don't care.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Do you own one of these devices? If not then why are you concerned? Again, someone on this board worrying themselves over things they have no control over. Either that or just taking a nice Monday morning troll down the way.

It is against the forum rules to call someone a troll. If you can't make a positive contribution to a thread don't post. Please review the forum rules.

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that pretty much every non-LTE Lumia now only have 512 RAM: 720, 620, and 520. This concerns me because I'm wondering if there's any possibility that future WP8 updates over the next 2 years may require devices with at least 1GB RAM. I've seen this question pop up in comments quite a bit. Do you think it's a valid concern? Mind you, at $250 off contract it's not a huge deal, you just ditch it when it becomes an issue but I am curious if anyone thinks this might happen.

Why I ordered the 920. I know, well I hope lol, that with dual snapdragon s4's and 1 gig ram will keep this phone in the front of updates and maybe get wp9 if/when it comes.

mauisurfer

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I don't mind getting left behind with a midrange device on WP8. Sooner or later windows phones will support 1080p screens and additional new features. When that time comes, it's time to upgrade anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss