I am cheap - what WP8?

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
My lumia 800 is on its last legs and I need to think about which way to jump - if I can get a WP8 what is the best recommendation for a sub-?200 phones (I can afford more but I'm simply too tight, I'd rather it went into my stock fund or my pension)? Anything good coming out of MWC?

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My lumia 800 is on its last legs and I need to think about which way to jump - if I can get a WP8 what is the best recommendation for a sub-?200 phones (I can afford more but I'm simply too tight, I'd rather it went into my stock fund or my pension)? Anything good coming out of MWC?
520 620 or a little more 720?

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
How does the 520 stack up against the Ascend W1 which I've just seen announced for ?120?
The 4 GB internal storage seems low. It depends on the use you will make of the phone. If you like to have many applications on your phone, then it would be better to get the 520. In terms of which to choose between 520,620 and 720, the only one available right now is the 620. They all have the same internal hardware specifications. Then it just depends on whether you want a bigger screen size (720) or smaller (620) or medium (520). You should check the 620 in a store to see if it fits you.

qwerty248

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Well i guess it depends what you want. They have the same screen size, approximately same weight (the 520 is slightly lighter), same camera, same RAM, and they both take SD cards. However, the 520 has 8GB of internal storage, whereas the Ascend has only 4 which has been problematic for some users with the HTC 4S which also has 4GB. Also, Nokia is fully invested in WP so more exclusive apps etc and im assuming since its Nokia its much more durable (not sure however..). On the other hand, the Ascend has a front-facing camera, whereas the 520 doesnt, and has a slightly better processor 1.2GHz vs 1.0GHz but I doubt that will make too much of a difference since the 620 is reportedly running just fine on a 1.0 GHz.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Well i guess it depends what you want. They have the same screen size, approximately same weight (the 520 is slightly lighter), same camera, same RAM, and they both take SD cards. However, the 520 has 8GB of internal storage, whereas the Ascend has only 4 which has been problematic for some users with the HTC 4S which also has 4GB. Also, Nokia is fully invested in WP so more exclusive apps etc and im assuming since its Nokia its much more durable (not sure however..). On the other hand, the Ascend has a front-facing camera, whereas the 520 doesnt, and has a slightly better processor 1.2GHz vs 1.0GHz but I doubt that will make too much of a difference since the 620 is reportedly running just fine on a 1.0 GHz.

I've never used any of the Nokia exclusive apps - so unless there was something amazing on WP8 that wouldn't be a critical reason - thanks for your response.

qwerty248

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I guess then it all comes down to how many apps you download and thus whether the 4GB are enough, which design you prefer, the price, and whether youre ok with waiting for a few months..

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I guess, I'll have to pop over to android central and see what is available for a similar price and then think about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077