App Downloading Issues

cyon921

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have an AT&T Nokia Lumia 920. I just wanted to start off with that information. Recently I have been having issues downloading apps, the main issue being THEY DON'T DOWNLOAD. Trying to download the recently released Asphalt 7 game, it tells me it's not available for my device, really? It's not available for the FLAGSHIP device (Or one of the flagships)? But I suspected that to be an issue of too many downloads happening right now. I also tried it from the website, and it told me that it should be downloading on my phone, it never did. Once again I expect that to be a demand issue. But this has happened before with apps that were not under a heavy load and it's really starting to get on my nerves.

cyon921

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I apologize if I came off furious. I don't mean to seem like I'm raging. I'm not entirely complaining about this one app, like I said, this has happened multiple times over my phone's short life. But I did not mean to get so riled up, I apologize.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
No it is kind of ridiculous. This has been happening too much for an OS that desperately needs to gain users.
I've loved my 920 and wp8 since day one but I'm lately starting to go the other way.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I've finally managed to somehow get the buy option to show up and now it's saying I don't have enough space even though I have over 3 gigs free. <frustrated>

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought it while I was still at work, but the download was pending as I wasn't on WiFi... Anyhow, once I got home, I started getting the message that it wasn't available for my device... After going to the first article and selecting download app, I got it started, but it's only at about 15% after over an hour... Guess it's a hit, at least assuming the issue is so many people downloading it at once.

cyon921

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
No it is kind of ridiculous. This has been happening too much for an OS that desperately needs to gain users.
I've loved my 920 and wp8 since day one but I'm lately starting to go the other way.

Well to be fair, download issues don't only occur on WP. I've used both Android and iOS and neither of them were free from app downloading issues. It does happen a little more often on WP than I'd like, but WP isn't the sole criminal when it comes to this, just the biggest.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well to be fair, download issues don't only occur on WP. I've used both Android and iOS and neither of them were free from app downloading issues. It does happen a little more often on WP than I'd like, but WP isn't the sole criminal when it comes to this, just the biggest.

true, I recall the DL issue on webOS and iOS... I don't have much experience with android, just the few times I've booted my Touchpad to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte